BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager, Fund Accounting (Operations Director)
This role reports directly to the Head of US Accounting Services. The Operations Director would have a team of Group Managers reporting to them and will oversee services delivered by various operations teams across a number of locations. It is expected the Operations Director would be responsible for a team of at least 100 staff and would manage multiple client relationships and product compositions.
The Operations Director is responsible for the deliver of accounting services to clients including calculating net asset values, allocating expenses, and preparing reports. They are also responsible for the financial and human resources for the unit and ensures assigned teams are operating effectively to meet unit goals and objectives. Day to day responsibilities are as follows:
- Sets guidelines for determining the net asset value (NAV) for funds in a variety of sectors for each measurement cycle. Promotes consistency and high performance across product areas.
- Oversees relationship management for a broad set of clients. Ensures customer service levels meet client needs and resolves any client issues. Participates in sales efforts including RFP and RFI preparation and related presentations.
- Provides oversight and guidance in setting the processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements. Resolves complex escalated issues from team members.
- Leads analysis of GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices. Develops policies to best ensure compliance with new regulations.
- Sets guidelines, policies, and priorities for the drafting of financial reports for a broad set of clients to review fund performance. Communicates reports and highly complex accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Oversees relationships with senior-level auditors and clients and service providers to ensure financial reporting meets their expectations and accurately depicts fund performance.
Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 7-10 years of total work experience and at least 5-7 years in management preferred. Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Internal Jobcode: 70503
Organization: Glb Fund Accnt & Fund Admin-HR13984
Requisition Number: 1900524