BNY Mellon Careers
On-Site Support Technician
- To provide IT/Desktop support services to end users, ensuring service levels are achieved.
- To adhere to system procedures ensuring they are maintained in line with BNYM standards.
- To procure IT hardware & software for London as required, and record same in the asset register.
- To install and configure PC’s and network equipment (BAU, Moves & Decommission).
- To ensure the stability, continuity and supportability of the London technical environment.
- To pro-actively build and maintain good working relationships with the Business, understanding individual department requirements to enhance the delivery of IT Services within corporate policies.
- To understand configuration and functionality of site technology.
- To ensure that all systems procedures are clear, accurate and updated regularly.
- To suggest and assist in implementing improvements to operational procedures and technologies.
- Respond to escalations.
- Where appropriate, provide additional remote support to other regional sites within EMEA.
Provides in-depth day-to-day support and leads problem solving and implementation efforts for specific technology products or applications. Responds to requests for assistance with computer systems or PCs, analyzes complex inquiries and determines the appropriate technical area or vendor to engage for problem resolution. Works with callers and other help desk specialists to resolve normal and unusual information system problems on a daily basis. Performs general maintenance and installation tasks, troubleshoots, repairs and resolves complex PC or infrastructure problems and escalates issues. Applies understanding and knowledge of standard information system products and services to assist users on complex problems. Leads or participates in projects deploying or supporting new software, desktop infrastructure or technology to a business group. Provides training to less experienced technicians on technical tools, troubleshooting, following processes & procedures and customer service skills (i.e. how to handle difficult customers, phone etiquette), business environment. Ensures management escalation of high priority issues, prioritizes problem resolution efforts and coordinates administrative work between shifts. Assists in supporting the achievement of team objectives.
- Associate's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience is required, Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years of technical experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60521
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1900657