BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Trustee Depositary (Client Service Management)
To lead the relationship on a number of Top tier T&D clients, attend service review meetings and AFM/AIFM/ Investment Trust board meetings, and directly manage the relationship with clients and delivering optimal client satisfaction, as well as identifying and pursuing further business opportunities with those clients.
In all dealings to ensure that our position as Trustee/Depositary is protected in all matters.
- Review the management and operation of funds/structures for a significant T&D client(s) to ensure that they are being managed in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations.
- Oversees the teams who monitor the activities of client schemes in certain aspects of compliance. Responsible for effective management of administrative activities conducted by the teams.
- The management of the virtual team ensure that the Bank’s position as Trustee/Depositary is protected and that the client receives a service commensurate with any service level in place.
- Establishes structures, full operating procedures and drives focus around a comprehensive monitoring program for the client schemes, streamlining operational processes and seek to implement efficiencies where possible.
- Provides strategic management of the client relationship and business partners.
- Continuously challenges the service model for opportunities to improve controls, and service levels and reduce costs.
- Liaises with Senior Management to assist in the development and implementation of the strategic plan for further growth within the business.
- Ensures team KRI’s are met or escalate areas of concern in relation to resourcing. Assisting in the selection and recruitment of staff within the Client Management Team.
- Ensures team MIS is provided as required in order for the head of department and other business units, such as Risk and Compliance, to monitor the activities of the department.
- Supports the Head of UK T&D and department head with new business approaches and in particular completion of RFPs; participates in client meetings as required.
- Ensures appropriate and prompt action where significant issues arise and assisting in the resolution of such issues and escalating issues for the attention of the Head of Client Management, Head of UK T&D, the ExCo, Risk, Compliance, and divisional management.
- Provides a high level of technical expertise/practical and constructive advice to Unit Trust Managers/Authorized Corporate Directors & Investment Trust Boards. Undertakes ongoing strategic reviews ensuring team, through expanded use of technology and technical expertise, meets regulatory requirements and provides client base with increased value added output.
- Attends internal committees/councils as necessary.
- Acts as central point of contact for Group Compliance in relation to the Client.
- Provides oversight for all internal and external compliance/audit inspections in relation to the Client.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
IOC threshold or relevant accounting qualification preferred.
Extensive work experience is preferred along with proven management experience.
Depositary/Fiduciary experience preferred.
FCA approved person for relevant CF duties.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70614
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1900660