BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Art Director
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of June 30, 2019, BNY Mellon had $35.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.8 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.BNY Mellon Marketing
It is an exciting time to join BNY Mellon Marketing. Under the leadership of a new Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing has embarked on a transformation to drive even stronger brand recognition and increased client loyalty to drive organic growth. We are creating a world-class marketing organization, comprised of new strategies, people, processes and capabilities, integrated to deliver business results. Marketing and Corporate Strategy both report into the Bank’s head of Strategy, and have a close, collaborative partnership to develop and execute the Company’s top growth initiatives.Role description and opportunities
BNY Mellon is seeking a passionate creative leader to inspire and innovate our visual design. As a senior leader on the Brand Team, this individual will be responsible for driving the Visual Brand and Design staff in building our brand’s visual identity and providing creative solutions for our business partners. In collaboration with senior management and marketing leaders, this role will establish the organizational branding framework and standards in alignment with the vision and tone of the organization.
This role provides day-to-day design support that includes a wide range of print, digital, interactive, and web design. This individual is responsible for directing a creative services group in providing timely, consistent, and high-quality design work and templates. Leading the design team, you will champion the work, inspire the team, evolve the process and elevate the creative design vision of the brand.Key responsibilities include the following
- Own and provide governance of BNY Mellon’s visual brand identity. Further develop company-wide brand standards across a variety of disciplines
- Lead a team in translating client briefs into clearly articulated concepts that elevate the brand and create compelling client experiences
- Execute innovative designs to support a range of B2B marketing materials, including digital marketing, video, event design, print collateral and sales presentations
- Lead and grow an internal design team, maximizing their individual contributions and their professional growth
- Stay abreast of design trends and digital and technology happenings to bring extraordinary brand experiences to our business partners
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
- A self-starter who thrives in a creative environment, has a passion for creative design and welcomes new creative challenges that require out-of-the-box solutions
- Experience in brand development as well as traditional and emerging multichannel marketing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage interactions with a diverse internal client base, meeting their needs while upholding brand standards
- Extensive knowledge of design best practices and the ability to express and present creative rationale to senior management and influence approval of creative ideas
- Experience in designing for events, print, video and digital – including website and social media. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor's degree or 10+ years of the equivalent combination of education and work experience required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85416
Organization: Corporate Marketing-HR08384
Requisition Number: 1900908