BNY Mellon Careers
Blockchain Senior Principal, Chief Digital Office
The Blockchain Senior Principal will serve as the critical connection between BNY Mellon’s business units, technology and external blockchain-oriented third providers. The individual will work with senior management and business units to vet, prioritize and execute blockchain-based solutions and partnerships. The role functions as a critical “node” between internal business capabilities, client needs and external technologies for BNY Mellon.
The Senior Principal will manage a large or multiple large teams focused on assessing, developing and implementing solutions using blockchain/DLT technology.
S/he will act as the subject matter expert for the Firm on blockchain/DLT technologies and acts as the primary interface between technology infrastructure and a specific business/functional area. S/he has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to our BUs and clients on the implications of relevant business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Assists with resolution of the most complex issues on blockchain major projects. Motivates lower level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth. Identifies business unit requirements, creates project and process specifications, coordinates with project teams and ensures that high impact projects are on schedule and to budget.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Familiarity with blockchain protocols and business models
- Demonstrate successful project activity utilizing blockchain / DLT technology
- Have industry relationships with blockchain/DLT and/or cryptoassets participants
Core responsibilities include:
- Perform as primary contact with lines of businesses to develop and drive cross-business line strategic initiatives focused on productive innovation.
- Develop plans and ensures the execution of complex multi-party engagements
- Manage large, diverse groups across the organization and align thinking and approach
- Identify and vet key third-party opportunities
- Oversee junior team members
- Ensure clear communications between all stakeholders
- Strong presentation and communications skills and skills required to engage external clients/customers on problem statements and potential solution sets
- Engage external partners, including Venture Capital firms, Corporate Development and Innovation groups and start-ups
- Talk/Present to clients as the Blockchain subject matter expert
Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline, such as Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred. 10-12 years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred. International and global experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70194
Organization: Digital Global-HR17565
Requisition Number: 1900969