BNY Mellon Careers
Hiring founding members to build a core team for an exciting trading research and development effort. Our group provides all trading-related services to a Boston-based asset management firm, with a global, multi-asset investment footprint. Get involved from the ground-up, as we design, architect and build a state-of-the-art platform, to empower extensive research and real-time analytics, in support of a global, multi-asset trading organization. Help us build a fast-paced, ambitious, yet cerebral and collegial culture of a start-up effort, while enjoying the benefits of an established, stable asset management firm and one of the world’s greatest financial services companies.
• Play a significant role in design, research, development and deployment of:
• Suite of contextual trading analytics
• Proprietary trading research library
• Multi-asset class market Impact models
• Real-time decision support tools
• Provide domain expertise in solving research-intensive portfolio implementation challenges
• Present research findings to internal and external clients and constituents
• Develop and maintain expert-level understanding of market micro structure globally and across asset classes
• Embrace and promote API-driven solutions, utilizing open source resources and cloud-based architecture
• Develop research quant libraries
• Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to implement research in the production environment
• Degree in computer science, statistics or similar – PhD highly preferred
• 3+ years’ experience in research and data science roles
• Solid coding skills in Python, R, C++ or Java
• Keen understanding of REST, gRPC and other API-related frameworks, concepts and tools
• Exposure to and comfort with high performance, low latency computing systems
• Experience with real-time systems
• Proficiency with AWS, Azure or other cloud-based environments
• Handling real-time market data feeds across asset classes and regions
• Deep knowledge of time series database technologies
• Experience in PostgreSQL, Redis and other DB solutions
• Expertise in ML and optimization technologies
• Deep understanding of financial engineering and mathematical finance concepts
• Collegial and collaborative disposition – team player!
• Great presentation skills – be able to present research findings to a wide range of audiences
QualificationsBachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred. 10+ years total work experience preferred. Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 70693
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1901005