BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Developer (Java, Python, Infrastructure As A Service, Application Services)
The BNY Mellon Technology organization places great emphasis on reducing risk and increasing resiliency, which puts a strong focus to our engineering practices, including reliability engineering and development standards. The Resilient Systems Engineering (RSE) group is charged with addressing the need to continually enhance the stability, resilience, and recoverability of the firm’s critical assets and underlying infrastructure.
Uniquely, the RSE group bridges both infrastructure and application development teams, requiring deep expertise in the entire technology stack to achieve the highly resilient, scalable, and performant business services required by our clients.
The platform that the candidate will be working on enables Infrastructure As A Service for BNYM. It provides application developers and operations teams a consistent model for provisioning and operating infrastructure as well as introspecting inventory for said infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a feature-team for developing and evolving firm’s strategic IaaS capability platform – RSE – Storefront.
- Define, clear pragmatic near to mid-term milestones that can be built upon to realize the overall strategic goals.
- Hands on development of key features and services contributing to the whole.
- Champion and implement code quality and automated testing
- Supervise and mentor team-members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Experience object-oriented programming Java, Python, etc.
· Experience in hands-on implementation and maintenance of mid to large scale application services.
· Hands-on experience with as a lead software developer, i.e.:
o Engaging with end-users to get and validate requirements, do dry runs and UX interviews on a regular basis.
o Engaging with prod-services to ensure services are low touch and robust in production.
o Doing and peer-reviewing design.
o Doing daily code-reviews with dev team.
o Planning and executing Epics and Stories.
o Ensure high quality product delivery, implementing appropriate automated and scalable testing strategies.
- Experience Docker and related cloud-native foundation technologies.
- Experience with Golang, Terraform and Consul.
- Exposure to large-scale server deployments.
- Exposure to public cloud - AWS, Azure, GCE.
- Seven or more (7+) years Linux. Expert knowledge of Server Operating Systems such as RHEL 7, CentOS 7.
- Experience and understanding of OS lifecycle and secure system configuration.
- Experience with CI/CD automation with Jenkins and other open source tools.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Resilient Systems Engineering-HR17387
Requisition Number: 1901092