BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Compliance Analyst, Business Regulatory Control Team, Trustee & Depositary
Senior Compliance Analyst, Business Regulatory Control Team, Trustee & Depositary (70618)
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Depositary thanks to the review of all regulations, procedures, controls and processes. This transversal role wil give an exposure to the whole Depositary Bank.
• Participates in quality reviews / internal controls across all the Depositary bank to detect possible gaps (against regulatory duties and current processes), track and close subsequent monitoring findings.
• Identifies regulatory changes (ESMA, CSSF and ALFI) and assess potential impact(s) on the Depositary Bank control framework.
• Participates in the rule testing / fund setup of investment restrictions rules in the Compliance tool (Charles River) and further systems enhancements.
• Ensures and controls we have proper documentations in place (checklists, procedures, matrices and SLDs).
• Produces the monthly Business Regulatory Controls Report.
• Collaborates with the team on ad-hoc queries and cross-location business (Law, changes, harmonisation and projects).
• Participates in cross trainings with colleagues where necessary. Attends relevant courses when required.
• Participates in internal/external regulatory forums (BNYM, E&Y, ALFI) to get updates on Luxembourg on UCITS and AIFMD related funds.
• Will be involved in CSSF’s queries (yearly reportings and ad hoc queries).
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Economy, Finance or Business Administration.
• 3-5 years of total work experience is preferred (ideally with a Depositary).
• Knowledge of the Depositary’s duties is preferred.
• Financial industry experience preferred.
• Excellent level in English (oral and written).
• Sound knowledge in regulatory aspects (Directives, Laws, Circulars, market practices, Q&A’s).
• Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• A background in Audit (Big 4 audit firm), Internal Control or Depositary would be an asset.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg-Luxembourg-Luxembourg
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70618
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1901181