BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Application Support Analyst - COBOL/DB2
Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives
· Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs.
· Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity.
· Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. Interacts directly with clients regarding project activities.
· Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques.
· Recommends technical solutions on application problems.
· Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes.
· Manage a team of 3-4 individuals.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Working knowledge of mainframe environment:
o Proficient in COBOL 370
o Proficient in DB2 database, use of SPUFI/QMF, utilities (unloads/restores…), Insight performance monitoring tool, BMC Admin Tools, OPTIM data masking tool
o JCL, utilities (SORT, IDCAMS, VSAM …), Endevor software, IDIP
o Familiarity with File transmission protocols (NDM/SFTP)
o Familiarity with CICS
o Familiarity with MQ
· Support number of mainframe applications in different complexes, working with distributed platform applications teams
· Batch Scheduling operations and administration using CA ESP Scheduler
· Ability to handle Incident, Change and Problem Management process.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Provide On-Call (out of hours support)
· Ability to work weekend’s for deployments, upgrades, failover and DR tests (this occurs occasionally)
· Experience working with offshore development teams
· Exposure to monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, BizLink
· Exposure to utilities such as WinScp, FileZilla, Putty, Remedy
· Jira/Confluence usage
· Familiarity with GAMO/ITSP forms
· Mainframe SAS, EZTRIEVE
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45167
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Mgmt Technology-HR15726
Requisition Number: 1901238