BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Developer - Java/J2EE
We are looking for a strong Java/J2EE Developer with at least 8 years of relevant experience. The job involves designing and developing enterprise web solutions as part of agile software development process supported by strong database skills. The candidate must be able to write quality Java/J2EE code.
o Design and develop service-oriented architecture solutions (including REST), constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third party components and service interfaces.
o Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications with proven advanced technologies.
o Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
o Collaborate with other developer team members (onsite/offshore) on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
Java Development Tools:
Proficient in all of the following development tools:
· Java, J2EE
· Spring Framework
· Apache Camel Framework
· Eclipse, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus
· JSP, Servlets, EJBs
· XML / XSL
· JDBC, RDBMS (SQL Server and Oracle)
· SFTP, SSL and SSH
· UNIX/Linux operating system & Scripting
· Apache Tomcat
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies.
· Multi-threaded server-side web application development experience.
· Experience designing and implementing web applications, and ETL batch processes.
· Demonstrated development and knowledge in service-oriented architecture principles related technologies and real-time messaging (point-to-point, publish-subscribe, asynchronous) and batch design patterns.
· Thorough understanding of the functions of an enterprise application including, database, API, caching, security, messaging and other web services used in the platform
· An ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions with minimal direction.
· Strong database modeling skills including a solid understanding of SQL programming
· Knowledge of performance testing and tuning, concurrency programming, Restful and SOAP web services using JSON data structures
· Agile development methodologies desired.
· Experience with web server and app server configuration desired.
· Willingness to work with globally disbursed team preferred.
· Solid verbal and written communication skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Mgmt Technology-HR15726
Requisition Number: 1901336