BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Mainframe DB2 for z/OS Database Administrator (Senior Specialist Database Analyst)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Mainframe Services Database Administration team has an opportunity for an experienced Mainframe DB2 for z/OS Database Administrator to manage complex DB2 systems for mission critical applications with plans to expand usage. In addition to ensuring the performance, stability and reliability of the database platform, the Database Administrator (DBADM) needs to support several upcoming projects that require a highly motivated individual to design, coordinate, implement and provide ongoing support.
The DBADM will be responsible from the initial design phase of the application throughout development, testing, implementation and maintenance. After developing a good logical database design with the Data Administrator (DA) and a good physical database design with Systems Administrator (SYSADM), DBADM will primarily be concerned with any technical issues which may arise at each stage of development. DBADM is responsible for communicating specific application systems requirements to SYSADM and working with SYSADM throughout the life of the project development cycle.
Major responsibilities include:
- Logical Database Design
- Design Review scheduling and participation
- Assistance to SYSADM/DA in creating the Physical Database Design
- Development of the test and acceptance database environments
- Control and maintenance of the test and acceptance databases
- Support for application design/development team
- Support for application testing team
- Design and technical issues regarding future database modifications and enhancements
Once the application is finalized in development, DBADM will continue to support with responsibilities including:
- Design and definition of database objects (DDL)
- Utility usage plan
- Implementation of an application backup/recovery plan
- Implementation of an application security plan
- Data access methods
- SQL code review
- Tuning and efficiency
Much of these items will continue to be the DBADM’s responsibility once the database moves into Production.
Sr. Specialist Database Analyst (Administrator)->> Designs, implements, and supports database management structures, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving and conversion strategies. Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access. Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all areas of database support. Designs, implements, and maintains physical database structures and associated network and system configurations. Manages data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures. Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Assists database team in providing problem identification and resolution support through analysis and research. Designs and administers database security strategies. Installs and configures database management system and related distributed system software as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis is required.
- Software Skills: ACF2/RACF, BMC, CA, CICS, IBM Replication (SQL-Rep), DB2 for z/OS, DB2 Connect, CA-Insight/DB2, Informatica Replication, MQ, QMF for TSO, QMF for Workstation, SAR, SDSF, TSO/ISPF/JCL.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45152
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1901404