BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Technology Risk Management
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The role forms part of the Technology Risk Management (TRM) organisation at BNY Mellon. TRM is divided into functional teams globally.
The department’s remit includes:
- Risk Assurance
- Regional Technology Risk Oversight
- Policy & Awareness
- Regulatory & Compliance
- Metrics & Tools
This role forms part of the Control & Risk Framework team, which is a part of Risk Assurance.
Senior Specialist is a vice president level role in the TRM team. This role is based in Poland with the main responsibilities as follows:
- Contributing to the development of the organizational technology control and risk management framework and strategy, and collaboration with other subject matter experts to determine appropriate methods, policies and procedures for enforcing adherence to the framework and controls.
- Evaluating design and operational effectiveness of global IT controls, and providing recommendations on risk framework.
- Supporting development of End-to-end technology risks picture of BNYM Services and key technology initiatives.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- Leading control & risk framework initiatives, projects and assessments.
- Oversight and management support of major technology risk initiatives pertaining to control frameworks and governance.
- Supporting team heads in managing the department.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
- Delivery focus
- IT Risk experience (3+ years) and/or
- InfoSec experience (3+ years)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication (verbal and written) skills – demonstrated ability to influence a global organization at a senior management level
- Significant knowledge in 2 or more: Application Security, Governance, Compliance & Audit, Identity & Access Management, Incident Handling & Analysis, Cloud Security, Network Security, Security Testing, Security Architecture, Threat/ Vulnerability Assessment Management, BCM & DR
- Confidence to respectfully challenge stakeholders
- Leadership and time management skills
Good to have:
- Windows/Unix/Linux hands on admin/sec experience
- Network Security hands on experience
- IT Audit experience
- Frameworks and best practices knowledge (NIST, ISO 27000, OWASP etc.)
- Project Management experience
- At least one information risk and/or security qualification (CISSP, CRISC, CISM or equivalent)
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85301
Organization: Technology Risk Mgmt-HR06032
Requisition Number: 1901468