BNY Mellon Careers
Canadian Institutional Wholesaler
BNY Mellon is seeking a Canadian Institutional Wholesaler who will work closely with the President of BNY Mellon Investment Management Canada and the BNY Mellon Investment management boutiques in the retail sub-advisory market in Canada.
• Responsible for growth of sales and revenue in a large and complex territory; requires a breadth of knowledge across geographic, product, and industry channels
• Responsible for achieving growth from existing clients as well as identifying and closing business with new advisory clients in the territory.
• Plan and book regular meetings with existing and prospective UMA advisors; hold regular meetings with mutual fund advisors as well as prospective advisors in conjunction with relevant mutual fund company sales teams.
• Maintains ongoing servicing of existing clients in the territory.
• Works closely with related teams (RMs, AMs, CSD) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development activities are conducted and captured.
• Tracks and reports on business development results in the territory (geographic, business/industry category, product category, etc.)
• Significant travel required.
• Bachelors’ degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required; Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
• CFA or CIM also required
• 10+ years of investment management sales experience and/or 10+ years of investment management experience in a portfolio management role. Has a superior understanding of the investment business, competitive landscape and industry drivers.
• Proven oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational and prioritization skills, including attention to detail and ability to effectively follow up and resolve matters efficiently
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM databases.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51809
Organization: North America Distribution-HR11430
Requisition Number: 1901493