BNY Mellon Careers
· Independently completes the full range of advanced administrative activities, in support of one or more executives, who are responsible for leading a small business unit or group and generally Level S. Interactions are sometimes at the leadership level. Appropriately and effectively addresses highly complex issues escalated to assigned executive's office/team.
· Schedules meetings, prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes. Makes travel arrangements and maintains calendar of appointments for assigned executive(s) and/or team. Exercises autonomy in anticipating a diverse range of highly complex issues and troubleshooting these issues as they arise.
· Manages supply orders and resolves associated issues on behalf of the office, executive(s) and/or team.
· Responsible for the timeliness, quality and accurate completion of own work as well as effective collaboration with leadership and the executive's direct reports/wider team on behalf of the executive.
· Uses a wide range of business software applications (Microsoft Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook, etc.) to conduct assigned activities such as the preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.
· Activities include calendar management, meeting planning, travel booking, expense reporting, filing, mail/courier arrangements, data entry, document management services, records management and other related areas.
· Additional administrative functions such as print production, mail services or conference room setup. Independently completes the full range of advanced administrative activities, in support of one or more executives (Level S), who are responsible for leading a small business unit or group.
· Supports executive(s) in completing activities required for the management of teams responsible for similar tasks. The assistant's tasks are frequently diverse, highly complex in nature and may include but are not limited to, calendar management, travel booking, expense reporting, word processing, data entry.
· Effectively prioritizes the needs of the office, executive(s) and/or team as prescribed by established guidelines, managing competing requests and switching focus as needed; often must negotiate prioritization of administrative activities with/among higher level team members/managers. Evaluates non-standard problems and uses judgement to develop appropriate solutions or procedures.
· Operates independently and effectively with a significant degree of time management and work method/approach latitude. Responsible for daily interaction and management of communication with the assigned executive's/team member's direct reports. Interactions are sometimes at the leadership level. Appropriately and effectively addresses highly complex issues escalated to assigned executive's office/team.
· May participate in ad-hoc special projects or administrative initiatives. May serve as a support team lead, assigning activities to other support staff and checking completion. S/he will need to be proactive in their duties and not necessarily look for direction on every item.
· Must also work well under pressure.
· Performs advanced, diversified and often confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
Screens calls and visitors, and resolves inquiries.
High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Applicable vocational training (e.g., courses on relevant business software like the Microsoft Office Suite of products, basic business writing, or similar) preferred; AA degree or relevant business certifications preferred.
Where proficiency in standard activities within a professional discipline is pertinent (e.g., Human Resources, Finance, etc.), relevant degree or industry certifications for the discipline are desirable.
5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in lieu of some experience may be considered.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 76003
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Middle Office & Eagle Tech-HR17607
Requisition Number: 1901520