BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Tax Reporting Compliance (Tax Accountant)
- Corporation Tax
- Pricing and accounts taxation reviews
- The team consists of 7 other staff who provide taxation deliverables for UK Fund Accounting clients in relation to OEIC, Unit Trust, Investment Trust, Life fund and equivalent investment entities. The team is based in the BNY Mellon office in Canary Wharf, London. Job Purpose: The jobholder is responsible for producing and delivering designated UK taxation and associated Fund Accounting services for clients’ investment vehicles. Responsibilities:
- Produce (and review/approve where appropriate) allocated tax deliverables. Primary services will include tax returns, provisions, checks and disclosures in relation to corporation tax, VAT and overseas withholding taxes
- Ensure effective and cooperative liaison with external and internal parties relevant to team deliverables (includes HMRC, clients, auditors, trustees, central tax group, offshore tax and operations teams).
- Manage own workload in order to meet client deadlines and department objectives, ensuring timely and accurate delivery to regulatory deadlines, agreed timetables and SLA standards and compliance with appropriate taxation / accounting regulations /standards and internal procedures.
- Maintain own detailed understanding of taxation regulations, industry standards, best practice, client requirements and own training requirements.
- Adhere to and monitor existing operational controls and processes
- Contribute to process and control improvements.
- Escalate business risks and internal control weaknesses to management
- Provide support and input to Fund Accounting projects and client / fund changes as required
- Where appropriate or required support other team members or deputise for Tax Manager, UK Fund Accounting.
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
QualificationsJob Specific Competencies
- Excellent work quality and pride in work
- Able to solve problems with a flexible, proactive approach
- Good personal organisation and able to work effectively in a team to achieve a common goal.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - able to effectively interact with people at different levels of knowledge and through different mediums
- Willing to maintain own professional development
BNYMellon Core Competencies
RESULTS - Takes action, demonstrates accountability and executes objectives
PEOPLE - Collaborates, is open to feedback and communicates effectively
THOUGHT – Demonstrates business awareness, applies a client focus and solves problems
SELF – acts with integrity, resilience and shows self-awareness
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Knowledge of collective investment scheme tax requirements with relevant technical UK taxation experience
- Knowledge of the securities industry with experience in an FCA regulated business
- Accounting knowledge covering relevant accounting standards and regulations including UK GAAP and Investment Association SORP
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Either a formal tax or accounting qualification or a commitment to learn
- The role reports to the Tax Manager, UK Fund Accounting
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70593
Organization: Glb Fund Accnt & Fund Admin-HR13984
Requisition Number: 1901535