BNY Mellon Careers
Head of Technology
Overview of Role:
BNYM are looking for a dynamic individual to join their growing EMEA Technology Group as a Head of Technology for overseeing the building of a new team of resources in our Poland Center of Excellence. The successful candidate will manage a team of multi-disciplinary engineers across the lines of business. The group that the candidate will be responsible for are key to integrating, automating, and managing the operations of newly developed converged infrastructure components and tools supporting internal and external stakeholders.
The candidate will help attract and directly manage a growing team of 120+ and work within a larger Technology functions responsible for technology across the globe. The role will report directly to senior management in the Technology Service Group/Client technology Services as well as locally within the site. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that technology services are delivered effectively to the local and growing Poland business/technology groups.
- Accountable and the central point of contact for Technology staff located in Poland
- Manages relationships with senior business in Poland and Technology Services management globally. Interfaces regularly with TSG groups to ensure that services both developed and delivered from Poland meet their business needs and specifications
- Responsible for delivering enterprise strength technology solutions across a range of legacy platforms as well as new, cloud enabled and converged platforms
- Familiar with software engineering functions across the ‘Full Stack’ from infrastructure hosting through software development
- Comfortable with a range of infrastructure methodologies and able to apply appropriate methodologies according to requested need
- Acts as an advocate for change management; encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions
- Demonstrates a good general understanding of the investment services business
- Overseas a large and diverse program portfolio and communicates timely and accurate progress via senior management meetings and steering committees
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Proactive self starter with track record of initiative , personal responsibility, ownership of work and reputation for removing obstacles and making things happen.
- Creative, dependable and enthusiastic change agent with proven track record of improving efficiencies, reducing costs and increasing revenues.
- Motivated achiever who guides team in applying technology to business settings, provides added value and creates project deliverables in a timely matter.
- Must have 12+ years of experience in managing large Technology functions with hands on experience in leading Technology transformation initiatives
- Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Required Skills (proven track record managing teams with experience in):
- Managing large technology teams across multiple financial businesses
- Advocate of Agile engineering principles and familiarisation of working in geographically dispersed teams
- Proven track record in Enterprise Risk Management for Technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Experience in hiring and developing top talent and managing offsite development
- Global mindset with appreciation of building diverse workforce
- Vendor management skills
- Proven track record in Project management and reporting
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas
- Experience managing technology risk and audit
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60332
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1901589