BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Financial Planning & Analysis
- · Assist in month end, plan and forecast consolidations and analyses for the Investment Services Sector.
- · Undertake research and investigative actions with Investment Services Finance stakeholders in response to ad hoc/urgent requests.
- · Collaborate with CMA, GDC and CFO teams to standardize, streamline and/or automate reporting processes.
- · Keep up to date with and comply with CMA report requirements and deadlines.
- · Assist in master data control and governance tasks e.g hierarchy changes, plan transfers.
- · Provide support to the FM&A Information Delivery Lead and collaborate with CMA, GDC and CFO teams to standardize, streamline and/or automate global FM&A processes. Also maintain and monitor logs of systems enhancements and user requirements. Track activities undertaken within the Finance Data Delivery Sprints. Liaise with the Scrum Master and Information Delivery team to ensure tickets are fully groomed in JIRA, the backlog is up to date with priorities defined correctly and escalate delays.
- · Support the extended Information Delivery team including the Power User network, Finance Systems and Technology in the timely development and implementation of new or enhanced reporting systems and processes. Include documenting user requirements and benefits and coordinating user acceptance testing and feedback.
- · Assist in reviewing, testing and training new processes. Create and maintain SIPOC and root cause analysis documents.
- · Attend Power User meetings and keep up to date with relevant technology/systems news and user demands.
- · Project assignments include gathering information from stakeholders; preparing material for meetings and maintaining documents including user guides.
- · No direct reports; provides guidance to less experienced team members as needed. Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work. Work contributes to the achievement of team goals.
· At least five years' experience of management reporting and analysis, or equivalent experience, in a large global financial services organization.
· Understanding of BNY Mellon businesses and business drivers is preferred.
· Experience of working with cross functional global teams is preferred.
· Experience of process improvement and change management is preferred.
· Attention to detail
· Communication skills
· Time management
· Problem solving
· Analytical thinking
· Focused on the client
· Takes Action
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85068
Requisition Number: 1901655