BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Developer
Clearing and Markets group has multiple opening for Sr. Specialist developers in Jersey City, NJ. We are looking to hire talented individual contributors who are able to support our critical project/programs.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional Java development experience, core Java and Multithreading
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector (Math background highly desirable)
Technical experience includes:
- Extensive Java , Spring , Camel , J2EE and other distributed technologies n-tier application experience
- Strong SQL skills with considerable experience in Oracle
- Knowledge of XML/XSL
- Knowledge in Angular JS ( Nice to have)
- Hands-on experience with Web Services & REST API
- Experience with Tomcat, Linux, Cloud. GIT , MAVEN , SVN
- Strong with OO design and development
- Experience with developing applications for the financial markets – Payments
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1901673