BNY Mellon Careers
BNY Mellon Treasury Services group is seeking to hire a Lead Developer for our Pittsburgh location. The role entails the following responsibilities:
Lead Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic application system designs and specifications, utilizing BNY Mellon's standard development methodology, procedures and techniques. Designs and codes programs, and creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs. Prepares the final and detailed versions of system modification requirements, ensures turnovers are done on time and correctly. Interfaces with architects to design, code, test and implement application programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Data mapping and work flow development experience
- Experience working in software development environments utilizing iterative development methodology such Agile
- Experience writing design and other technical documentation
- Effective planning skills and ability to communicate project issues clearly and promptly
- Strong data analysis skills, preferably with financial/securities data
- An understanding of data relationships which are critical to success of our product
- Must be highly detail oriented and able to adhere to best practices and standards
- Experience implementing technical solutions under time, quality, and performance standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution.
- Strong work ethic in supporting a 24x7x365 environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant Technology field
- Experience with MQ, NAS, Unix/Linux
- Oracle Database development experience (SQL) involving development, procedures and functions, as well as performance tuning experience
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter, Data Transformation & B2B Data Exchange products
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, App Engine, Angular JS, Java and ESP
- Experience with Atlassian products JIRA and Confluence
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 4-6 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus, should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45115
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1901689