BNY Mellon Careers
Director - Client Asset Oversight and Control (CASS)
This role reports into the Head of Client Asset Oversight and Control, this group has the primary responsibility to ensure compliance with the FCA CASS rules by The Bank of New York Mellon London Branch ("BNYM London") and The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Ltd ("BNYMIL").
Responsible for the Regulatory Reporting and the Monitoring and Oversight Teams within the CASS Oversight Team. This includes:
• Administration of the CASS Governance Committees, including the COOC and CGB.
• Production of CASS Management Information and Governance Reporting
• Submission of the monthly Client Money and Asset Return (CMAR)
• Participate in review / approval of new products and services in UK regulated entities
• Support and maintenance of the CASS Resolution Pack (RP)
• Oversight of the CASS Breach Administration Process
• Administration of Client Money related activities
• Support of the Annual CASS Audit Assurance Report performed by external auditors.
• Oversight of CASS related initiatives and projects.
Work with external parties, such as consultants and industry peers to ensure we continue to be aligned within our industry and are aware of changes to the CASS landscape including the expectations of auditors and the FCA.
• You fulfil the responsibilities delegated to you by the Senior Manager to whom you have reporting obligations as recorded under the relevant ‘Control Schedule’, ensuring oversight and maintenance of appropriate governance and controls in relation to such responsibilities
• You fulfil your obligations to escalate all matters of concern pertinent to your area to your Senior Manager in a timely manner.
• You fulfil your obligations to escalate any issues that come to your attention that could be a breach or potential breach of a regulatory obligation to your Senior Manager, regardless of whether the issue relates to your delegated responsibilities or otherwise.
• You complete all mandatory training and ensured any external training undertaken has been recording in the training system (Saba) and obtain or maintain all qualifications that may be required in order for you to perform your role.
• You notify the Company immediately you become aware of anything that might impact upon your fitness and propriety to remain a Certified Person as outlined in the Certification Regime Guide.
• You have read and understood and must comply with BNY Mellon’s Code of Conduct as well as policies and procedures which apply to you.
• You must comply with the FCA and PRA Conduct Rules.
Continue to support of the Head of Client Asset Oversight and Control in the delivery of any new client asset protection initiatives impacting the UK regulated entities.
• Contribute to the effective governance of the EMEA region. Play an active role in regional committees and local boards, offering constructive challenge and helping to support the Committee/Board fulfil its role and responsibilities for those they are a member. Where the job holder acts as a Chair of a Board/Committee, ensure the Board/Committee is effective in all aspects of its role, facilitate and encourage informed and constructive debate on key issues and ensure that members receive relevant management information in an accurate, timely and clear form.
• Help to ensure that a strong governance culture is embedded within the region, that issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
• Build a good understanding of the EMEA governance framework, including escalation requirements, and ensure there is clear, appropriate and evidenced apportionment of responsibilities amongst staff members for whom the job holder has management responsibility.
EMEA Committee Memberships, Board Directorships amd other positions:
CASS Governance Body
CASS Operational Oversight Committee
CASS Control Committee
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 70399
Organization: EMEA Ops IS Other-HR17585
Requisition Number: 1901778