BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Information Security Analyst - Cyber Wargames and Engagement Coordinator
Senior Specialist Information Security Analyst
Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure.
Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies.
Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation.
Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities.
Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published.
Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.Position Description: The Cyber Engagement & Exercise Planning Specialist is responsible for supporting the various engagement efforts of the Wargames and Global Engagement (WAGE) team across BNY Mellon. This primarily includes supporting the planning and execution of cyber wargames and other engagement activities. Specific responsibilities include: This role requires someone with the requisite experience, knowledge, maturity, and communications skills to professionally and effectively represent BNY Mellon and the Information Security Division to lines of business, clients, regulators, senior executives, and other organizations. 1. Exercises: This person should be prepared to helping grow a cybersecurity exercise program that includes the planning and execution of Information Security Division-hosted exercises (both tabletop wargames and technical drills) as well as participation in client exercises, market-wide exercises, and other BNY Mellon organizations’ exercises. Specifically:
- Coordinate tasks and activities related to the cyber wargames program to include: annual schedule building, engagement with interested parties, etc.
- Executing cyber exercise preparation tasks in conjunction with business teams to include: development of training objectives; identification of training audience(s); communication with stakeholders, leadership, and participants; scenario and event inject design; and development of supporting materials (invite letters, visualization, after action reports, and other artifacts to enrich the participant’s exercise experience)
- Conducting and analyzing cyber wargame “Key Observation Reports” to translate exercise findings into concrete improvements for ISD or other BNY Mellon teams;
- Providing thought leadership in developing and implementing innovative approaches to cyber wargaming.
- Coordinating logistics for engagement events (in person and virtual)
- Managing requests for WAGE team engagements
- Managing and supporting client requests for wargames and other events
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience), preferably in a marketing/communications, computer science or intelligence discipline. Advanced degree or relevant certifications a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing/communications, intelligence, or information security functions. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals to enable collaboration with subject matter experts to devise, develop and implement realistic cyber exercise scenarios
- Track record of effective and innovative project management and project delivery
- Executive presence, adaptive communication skills, and understanding of client needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Team player who collaborates well with others to solve problems
- Ability to develop detailed process and procedure documentation
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-
Internal Jobcode: 45155
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1901841