BNY Mellon Careers
Sr Group Mgr, Admin & Planning - CAO Middle Office/Eagle Tech
As Chief Administrative Officer in the Middle Office and Eagle Technology Group, this role reports directly into the CIO of MO/Eagle Tech. The role of CAO is to support the day-to-day running of the organization in terms of its headcount, budgets, strategy, reporting and communication to enable better decision making at the senior leadership team level.
Program & Project Management
Responsibility for administrative duties in conjunction with the team, which include but are not limited to PowerPoint composition, analytics computation, addressing requests for information, and general coordination.
Help the CAO team to combine technology vision and business objectives into program plans and presentations that deliver value.
Assist team leadership in formulating budget proposals based on current and anticipated growth, market conditions, strategic direction, etc.
Understand the complexities of accruals, allocations, impact of capitalization, recovery, and fixed price expense in order to support strategy.
Support timely and accurate periodic and ad hoc financial reporting.
Activities including headcount management, organizational chart updates, vendor and contractor management oversite support, and location strategy support — seating/space allocation.
Communications & Events
Events including, town halls, guest speaker, learning, code-a-thons, showcases, etc.
Internal team communications including emails, newsletters, Hamilton, SharePoint, Confluence, etc.
External team communications includes maintenance of our MySource Social content, and other content available on the corporate intranet.
· Constantly seek to drive better first line governance – ensure items for discussion are both efficiently and effectively prepared, review overall agendas for cohesion and omission. Seek out and eliminate duplicative topics. Test for compliance with Group policies. Identify and secure training where needed for presenters, chairs or other function holders.
· Take all such action as may be agreed with the CEO to create company-wide “best in class” governance.
· Specifically, ensure appropriate frequency and timetabling of all required governance, including those without formal recurring timetables (e.g. the annual planning cycle, SREP and PRISM reviews and responses, strategic plans). Ensure action owners are prepared for their due dates and assist owners to satisfactory conclusions. Review minutes and records for accuracy and comprehension.
· Receive all central communications, in whatever format, intended for the wider CAO community. Act as first line interpretation of such communications and as owner of their resolution unless specifically allocated to a different owner.
· Represent Middle Office/Eagle Technology CAO executive levels across the wider organization and externally.
· Co-ordinate senior stakeholders visits to ensure coherent exposure to the BNY Mellon business.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required;; MBA preferred 12+ years of experience in financial services or related business partner function with related supervisory, management and administration experience preferred;; at least 7 years of systems management and cost-effective budgetary responsibility experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Demonstrated ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets and cultures — integrity, maturity, dependability, and a positive professional attitude.
Strong interpersonal skills including facilitation, teaming, presentation, and communications (both oral and written) — consultative, collaborative approach to engaging others and delivering value.
Highly self-motivated, proactive, responsive, and organized — able to quickly prioritize, respond to, and act on requests.
Proficient in PowerPoint for management presentations — ability to conduct research, perform analysis, organize findings, and compile compelling rational business narratives.
Expert in Excel, specifically pivots, v-lookups, macros, management of large data sets, etc.
Experience with web, SharePoint, or Confluence site design and content management, a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70707
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Middle Office & Eagle Tech-HR17607
Requisition Number: 1901870