BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Auditor (Technology Audit)
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
Internal Audit is an independent function within The Bank of New York Mellon chartered to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. Internal Audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Internal Audit's professional staff aligns with the overall structure of the Corporation.
The BNY Mellon Group Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The Audit Senior (Application technology Audit) will be part of the Chennai Technology Audit team and will work across Global and India specific audit projects independently, or as part of a larger audit team, covering both Application and Infrastructure reviews.
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of audit work throughout the planning, execution and reporting phases of an audit, as well as the timely follow-up and validation of resolution of issues. Audits will be completed in accordance with departmental methodologies and be completed within the agreed scope and budget.
The individual must have, and maintain, a strong understanding of Information Technology, business risks and their correlation with key controls. The individual must be able to manage their own workload and work proactively and independently where necessary. The individual must be able to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders verbally and in writing across the organization whilst maintaining effective stakeholder relationships across Senior Management and Audit team members. These skills should be demonstrated through thoughtful analysis of business processes, supporting technology, current risk assessments, issue identification/ communication and identification of emerging risks.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
• Execute the testing of Application technology processes as per Audit policies, methodologies, and standards, primarily covering applications, and client / server technology platforms.
• Exhibit expert knowledge in performing testing around application logic, edit checks and Data validation.
• Engage with the stakeholders and the business auditors and identify the technology application controls to be tested as part of the audit.
• Operate effectively as a team member, or independently, and take responsibility for specific procedures and results as agreed upon with his or her manager in relation to technology audit work.
• Work with business audit colleagues and undertake integrated audits providing technology audit coverage of business applications and associated technology controls.
• Communicate effectively with clients and audit team members; interacting effectively with senior managers, Audit team members and other stakeholders
• Take ownership of the projects or other work assigned and ensure that audits are carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
• Document systems and support processes, conduct interviews and reviews and analyze evidence obtained.
• Evaluate IT internal controls and work collaboratively with management to identify actions needed and then follow-up and validate sustainable resolution of issues on a timely basis.
• Conduct data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilizing software tools (when applicable).
• Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed.
• Complete tasks efficiently (on time, on budget, accurately).
• Learn new technology, businesses, processes and regulations effectively and quickly.
• Engage in relevant training regarding audit, technology, businesses, financial controls, regulations.
• Identify Data Analytics (DA) use cases in terms identifying areas were DA can be used. Work along with the DA to implement the use case.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in technology. 10-12 years relevant experience preferred. A related Technology qualification such as CISA is preferred (or prepared to obtain). Prior BIG5 (KPMG / EY./ PWC / Deloitte/Grant Thornton) would be preferred
Adequate knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows, UNIX, Mainframe etc) and Databases (SQL, Oracle etc)
QualificationsBachelors in technology
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Internal Jobcode: 85002
Organization: Audit Technology-HR07992
Requisition Number: 1901999