BNY Mellon Careers
Newton - Quality Assurance Lead
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn assets under management (as at 31 March 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
What’s on Offer?
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work, offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity.
As a QA Test Lead you will have a pivotal role in developing and improving our Quality Assurance team.
We’re looking for an experienced and committed individual with broad experience working on large enterprise systems and advanced automated test environments.
You will be a highly motivated candidate who has excellent communication skills, is passionate about quality, possesses excellent attention to detail and innovative problem solving skills.
• Work within an agile / iterative environment with accountability for delivering high quality software services iteratively and in compressed timelines to multiple up and downstream dependencies
• Be the second in command in the QA area, acting for the Test Manager when required
• Be a key point of contact, interact with Stakeholders, Business Users and Technical staff
• Be involved in technical design, implementation and automated test within a CI/CD pipeline
• Design and delivery of fully automated tests that cross service boundaries with all software deliverables
• Design BDD/TDD tests working closely with the business, BA team, Automation engineers and developers.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver automated test that guarantee the integration of disparate systems through API boundaries and performance optimization of same
• Be enthusiastic and provide technical design and implementation leadership around metrics driven design and implementation of dashboards that provide real-time feedback on whether deliverables are meetings technical and business goals as well as support the operationalization of the service.
• Design and implementation performance / load tests to guarantee deliverables / the end to end system can operate at scale
• Helping to assure quality throughout the development lifecycle.
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to build strong relationships with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Demonstrated initiative and strong ownership of deliverables
Job Specific Competencies
People (team-working/collaboration skills):
• Significant leadership and Stakeholder Management experience
• Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across a wide variety of teams, both technical and business
• Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders and technology team members to enable you to manage expectations
• Experience developing and delivering applications within a DevOps / CI / CD / Agile environment and associated best Practices
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence):
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment
• Passion for innovation with an enthusiasm to encourage others
• Hungry to improve themselves and their working environment
• Willing to engage with senior management and challenge the status-quo and offer alternatives
• Self-directed, adaptable, flexible and professional
Results (the ability to be proactive and take action):
• Be hands-on, enthusiastic to dive in at the deep end and help the deliver a quality solution
• Be a primary contact for the development team throughout the life cycle of a project, attending stand-ups and creating high quality user stories.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 60127
Requisition Number: 1902137