BNY Mellon Careers
Principal UI Developer - Angular
The Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) group is responsible for building technology to support three of the most critical services of BNY Mellon – US Govt Securities Clearance, US Triparty Repo and Global Collateral Management. These platforms are responsible for clearing and settling equity and fixed-income transactions in markets around the globe, and managing more than $3 trillion in global collateral.
The group is transforming itself into a data-centric organization and we are seeking strong technologists who can adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. If you thrive on solving problems, thinking critically and creating change, we want you to be a part of our team!
Join us in our journey and we’ll together build the financial services industry’s next-generation data services platform.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for building and enhancing Angular / UI that present critical data services for our businesses. You will be expected to design application modules, build test suites, analyze business requirements and propose innovative technology solutions.
- Participate in defining system requirements and designing technical solutions to developing and testing enhancements
- Collaborate with client and project teams to turn business requirements into detailed design specifications, and then build or enhance systems to meet their needs
- Testing and QA coordination
- Liaison with the business, support and development teams
- Troubleshoot performance and scalability issues
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- BS / MS (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering)
- 8+ years overall experience, with recent 5+ years of experience with UI development
- Strong communication skills, and a positive and pro-active attitude
- Some experience with UX is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1902272