BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Principal Data and Cloud Engineer
The Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) group is responsible for building technology to support three of the most critical services of BNY Mellon – US Govt Securities Clearance, US Triparty Repo and Global Collateral Management. These platforms are responsible for clearing and settling equity and fixed-income transactions in markets around the globe, and managing more than $3 trillion in global collateral.
The group is transforming itself into a data-centric organization and we are seeking strong technologists who can adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. If you thrive on solving problems, thinking critically and creating change, we want you to be a part of our team!
Join us in our journey and we’ll together build the financial services industry’s next-generation data services platform.
- Build our data pipelines and data collection architecture across different functions.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements for data delivery and data warehousing to allow for higher scalability.
- Assemble complex and large datasets
- Build analytics tools that leverage the data pipeline to provide actionable insights will be key for you to contribute on to transform our organization.
Sr. Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide highly advanced application software development services or technical support. Consults to IT and business managers on issues, questions and problems related to his/her area of expertise. Accountable for resolving highly complex problems that have impact on the corporation's ability to conduct business. Uses in-depth knowledge of various technologies to establish and influence implementation of broad-based technology strategy for large IT Divisions. Stays abreast of emerging technologies and identifies potential use of new and existing technology within lines of business by participating in industry-wide conferences and research and by using in-depth knowledge of various business areas. Educates business leaders and prepares presentations for the business on IT strategies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of Application Development objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 12+ years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- BS degree (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering). MS / PhD preferred.
- 5+ years overall experience in building data pipelines and data lakes
- Strong CS fundamentals, core Java and SQL, and problem-solving skills are required with experience in Spark, Hadoop and Kafka
- Experience building distributed high-performance, high-availability systems with data-streaming capabilities
- Hands-on experience around compute and storage in any one of the public cloud platforms
- Experience working in a strong agile environment is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45220
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1902274