BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Analyst, Account Management
The Senior Analyst oversees assigned client accounts, ensuring satisfaction, swift response to client needs, efficient problem resolution, contract and operational compliance, risk mitigation and KYC responsibilities. Consults with clients on best practices, solutions and regulatory changes to support client engagement. Assigned accounts are typically small and non-complex, often a single product. Incumbents are gaining experience in account management and mastering the basics of the discipline and the firm's products/services. Incumbent may receive guidance from a more experienced Account Manager.
- As Client Service Representative of the Brussels BDS Global Clearing team, be the main contact point for any operational inquiries clients might have around their global turnaround (back-to-back trades) and/or custody activity as well to help to manage the specific operational and financial risks related to their business.
- Acts as day-to-day point of contact for the client and ensures continued client satisfaction and listening to client needs.
- Keeps abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm. Liaises with relevant operations contacts (internally and externally) to coordinate service to the client. Escalates relevant issues to senior team members or management.
- Tracks and reports on client metrics.
- Gains understanding of the business environment of assigned clients, industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
Client Orientation and Communication:
- Communicates professionally whether by email, in writing or by telephone, with clients and with internal BNYM colleagues.
- Builds a solid and trustful relationship with clients, whilst coordinating and ensuring seamless service provided by other account managers.
- Ensures an ongoing communication and cooperation within the team and with peers across regions to optimize team execution and performance.
Critical thinking and Problem solving:
- Thoroughly understands the client' business activities and linked market practices.
- Ensures same day inquiry resolution and timely and accurate communication to clients.
- Proactively manages client’s expectations when same day response is not possible.
- Proactive follows up with internal BNYM departments or the client as required resolving inquiries.
- Identifies, analyzes and monitors potential issue that could cause an operational risk/financial loss.
- Works in cooperation with the client to improve their efficiency and their market and BNYM systems knowledge (SWIFT; Nexen; Workbench).
- Takes ownership on escalated issues, follows up, monitors and update complaints log as per BDS complaints and escalation procedures
- Identifies recurring issues and works to identify solutions in conjunction with Account Manager and Relationship Manager.
- Recommends enhancements to existing procedures when necessary in order to develop the Banks' overall service delivery.
- Efficient self-organization.
- Anticipates and mitigates the risks associated with the function.
- Complies with risk management procedures and policies at all times.
- Escalates potential risks in a timely manner to management.
- Escalates all issues outside of normal clients' activities to management.
- Maintains client static data up to date.
- Protects client confidentiality at all times.
- Ensures full compliance with Corporate and BDS Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains strategic internal and external relationships to achieve mutual goals, including with: Relationship Management, Senior Management, Product, Credit, Risk, Compliance, Audit and managers of Operational Departments.
- Identifies cross selling opportunities.
- Co-ordinates and independently leads client conference calls and organize client’s visits.
- Prepares and gives presentations of the Global Clearing department to internal or external parties.
- Remains abreast of market knowledge in all areas affecting clients and our business line to service the clients' business activities efficiently; including Settlement practices, Cash and FX, Income, Corporate actions and Tax as required.
- Acts as project manager on specific initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 2+ years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Account Management or Client Service Delivery preferred.
- Fluent in English, any additional language is an asset
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Customer/Client Service
Internal Jobcode: 70006
Organization: CCM Administration-HR08411
Requisition Number: 1902649