BNY Mellon Careers
IT Business Analyst, Regulatory and Compliance
This new team was formed in 2016 and has being growing. Goal of the team is to consolidate disparate systems performing regulatory reporting into to a strategic platform. Current team consists of seven people supporting regulatory reporting and Surveillance system.
- Manage multiple regulatory workstreams from inception through implementation.
- Document business/functional requirements, perform gap analysis, design systems flows, and manage UAT activities leading to production release.
- Analyze data and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Develop training material and systems specifications.
- Understand upstream/feeder applications and data
- Participate in researching production issue and remediation.
Sr. Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience as a Business Analyst at major financial services company
- Solid experience with and strong understanding of Global Regulatory Reporting and Compliance projects such as Dodd Frank, EMIR, MiFid II, etc.
- Experience with G20 Regulatory Reporting applications like CMRS from Sapient, Droit, Univista, futureLANDSCAPE from Broadridge etc.
- Previous technical experience and some basic understanding of Java, MQ is a strong plus
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with business, legal & compliance, external regulators
- Experience with Visio, MS Project, Jira, PPM
- Experience working with waterfall and agile development methodologies
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45169
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1902820