BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec'st Network Engineer
- Lead and drive software defined network architecture, design and implementation strategy.
- Work in a team of engineers to architect, design and implement the software defined network and other software defined data center components.
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of software defined networking, networking applications and industry direction.
- Able to troubleshoot network virtualization across compute, storage and network.
- Build presentations and other documentation that represents the design, implementation and operations of the software defined network.
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware vRealize Suite product stack.
- Able to build scripts to deploy and operate the software defined network.
Sr. Specialist Network Engineer->> Leads in the research, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has a comprehensive understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of moderately complex network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works with other IT staff and vendor representatives on projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Minimum of 10 years systems architecture experience with a strong background of developing and delivering of complex, distributed network solutions.
- Significant experience building physical and virtual networks.
- Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed, both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
- Demonstrate hands-on skills to implement and operate a software defined network with NSX.
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux operating systems (Red Hat/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu).
- Hands-on knowledge of VMWare OpenStack.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills.
- Experience with system design suitable for future workloads.
- A combination of domain expertise in cloud services, SaaS, compute, storage, network, security, management services and/or system-level software.
- Prior technical paper publications and public speaking engagements.
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45171
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1902878