BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Business Continuity/Recovery
Role will report to the Business Continuity Head to serve as part of the global continuity program office and provide consultation and support for the development, implementation, and maturation of comprehensive Business Continuity Management (“BCM”) program globally and within their local region. This position is chartered to drive a program that ensures BNY Mellon operates with a confident state of confirmed recoverability and resiliency. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Institute BNY Mellon’s Business Continuity Policy, Standard, and framework;
• Partner with Operational Risk (2nd Line) and Audit to establish and maintain comprehensive risk-controls;
• Set and optimize the full Program framework including assessment, planning, testing, training;
• Develop or enhance program artifacts used to manage, assess, track, and report readiness to respond to business disruptions;
• Manage testing facilitation between business functional teams and partners;
• Build and improve business continuity processes by gaining knowledge and incorporating best practices from internal and external sources;
• Manage, track, report, and support the business to resolve deficiencies and/or obtaining risk acceptances;
• Proactively identify control deficiencies through technology self-assessment testing, risk and control initiatives, and BAU meetings/discussions. Monitor progress of corrective action plans;
• Support the configuration and optimization of Continuity tools;
• Respond to Client Inquiry and Due-Diligence Questionnaires;
• Manage Enterprise-level Continuity Projects (Pandemic/Cyber/Resolution);
• Provide training, support, and business continuity consulting to assigned business functions and internal partners as needed;
• Execute all Business Continuity pillars within their respective Region;
• Provide response and recovery support and assistance in actual or potential situations impacting assigned functional areas;
• Support business unit testing of recovery strategies, review documented results and related evidence for completeness, viability, and compliance to baselines and standards;
• Balance continuity economics of business requirements and delivering recovery strategy solutions;
• Perform Continuity Assessment & Performance Evaluation;
• Perform Incident Management role and responsibilities within the regions; and
• Serve as Continuity Subject Matter Expert Advocate
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of experience within the financial services industry.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments of varying scope and complexity in a cross-functional environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work, collaborate and lead effectively on a geographically dispersed team.
• Confident, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Utilize and apply a risk oriented perspective to deliver control and mitigating solutions
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Takes initiative, accept challenges, grow business continuity competencies, business acumen, and establish/sustain internal/external networks and relationships in a complex organizational environment
• Establishes an inclusive and positive team-oriented work environment; provides timely feedback; and finds ways to motivate
• Acts with integrity and holding oneself accountable for their remit
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85181
Organization: Global Business Resiliency-HR17252
Requisition Number: 1902906