BNY Mellon Careers
The Global Compliance group provides support and guidance to various businesses in relation to Regulations and BNY Mellon policies & procedures (including Financial Crime) and provide a variety of Management Information and regulatory updates to business management, senior management and BNY Mellon committees. The role is primarily to ensure BNY Mellon’s compliance with Regulatory and Corporate Compliance policies. This will be achieved through the following, but not limited to –
· Participation in Compliance thematic monitoring reviews of business activities across locations
· Participation in internal business meetings and representation of BNY Mellon at client meetings
· Advice and support local operational management on general compliance matters
· Participation in adhoc Compliance related projects
· As directed by line manager, act as liaison with business and regulatory authority as required
Compliance Monitoring assesses the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses throughout the world. Monitoring is a core pillar of BNY Mellon’s Compliance program and functions in tandem with the Advisory and Regulatory pillars to ensure effective end-to-end business support. Through comprehensive, risk-based reviews of both existing and emerging regulatory requirements, the Monitoring Program provides:
· Prompt, focused feedback to business management concerning issues and control gaps
· Recommendations for corrective actions, as well as issue tracking to ensure that resolution efforts proceed timely and effectively
· Routine program reporting and, as appropriate, escalation of issues to senior management and applicable Boards
The role also requires the job holder to –
· ensure that the annual Compliance monitoring program is implemented on time for the respective lines of businesses
· produce a summary of the findings clearly articulating the issues identified, providing realistic recommendations for resolution and ensuring that all actions resulting from the recommendations are tracked through to satisfactory conclusion
· perform monthly Quality Assurance Review (QAR) on Compliance Monitoring Planning documentation i.e. Compliance Scorecards, Strategy Memos, etc.
· provide Compliance support to lines of businesses within BNY Mellon India
Essential Functions – Key Roles & Responsibilities:
· Knowledge of US and EMEA regulations and compliances around these or obtain an understanding of the same post joining
· Should have well developed Compliance monitoring, audit and training skills
· Compliance Monitoring, Regulatory Environment and Business Support, Management Information Reporting and Training
· Detailed understanding of functions and operations within BNY Mellon India along with understanding of regulatory environment and ongoing regulatory initiatives that impacts business lines and various US, UK and Ireland regulatory bodies and its regulatory requirements along with detailed understanding of the investment funds industry
· Strong analytical skills with problem solving capabilities and ability to meet stringent deadlines, work under pressure with attention to detail and accuracy to achieve quality results. Should also have the ability to understand situation by analyzing it and breaking it apart into smaller pieces or tracing the implications of a situation in a systematic step-by-step manner. Should be able to establish a systematic course of action for self and others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives for the department / team
· The role requires liaison with various businesses based in US, EMEA & India and as a result has potential impact on the compliance of US, UK and Ireland business operations including those outsourced to India
· The role requires interaction with internal businesses at all levels up to senior management and consequently the role necessitates the ability to effectively build cooperative relationships with people, manage differences and resolve conflicts. Good communication skills (written and oral) are required with the ability to convey often complex issues succinctly. Excellent presentation skills are necessary
· Should be able to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to determine key underlying issues in complex situations
· Manage and prioritize workloads and work on own initiative
Education: Graduate. Professional qualifications such as Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) exams merit award / Diploma / IMC / CFA preferred or should be willing to commence study immediately for any of these and pass within one year of joining.
Preferred Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience out of which minimum 2 years of US/EMEA Compliance & Risk experience with sound knowledge of US and EMEA regulations.
Required Skills: Excellent knowledge of Computer and MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with eye for detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Internal Jobcode: 85159
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1902930