BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Applications Support Analyst
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
Overview of Pershing Technology:
Technology at Pershing, a BNY Mellon company, provides key technology solutions for our clients. We build, maintain and support the Nexus product, a full front to back set of in-house and vendor developed systems covering order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Applications Support Analyst position in Manchester centre to meet the demands of the growing technology production services responsibilites.
Overview of the Role
As a member of the Pershing Technology Applications Support Group, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Technology department, various business units and with our client facing teams. You’ll be required to work in a dynamic Pershing developed and 3rd party acquired software applications and related services support team environment.
You will be responsible for providing a critical link between the various internal Pershing technical and non-technical teams, Client Support team, external third party application support groups and users of Pershing hosted applications with the ultimate aim of quickly and accurately resolving customer and application issues. These issues may not arise from the software, and could be business process related, usage related or related to changes from recent software releases. Hence you would need to be able to quickly investigate the possible source and route the details through the relevant teams if the problem cannot be resolved within the applications support group.
The core support times are from 8:00 – 18:00 on site with additional support provided by the team for high priority applications from 2:00 AM to 8:00 AM, Monday – Friday. Oncall applications support is provided at all other times by the group. You would need to be flexible to accept these work times, as often as necessary and coordinate with other teams mentioned above for specific out-of-hours tasks requiring presence from Applications Support. You will be a key contact in the team.
Various other duties will include as part of the business as usual tasks including creating technical reports, documenting application procedures for new and existing systems, investigating quality of software and/or processes and participating in problem management relevant to applications etc.
• Experience of MS Windows OS Server editions
• Knowledge of MS Office suite
• Knowledge of any scripting language such as powershell, VB Script, Java Script or shell scripting
• Knowledge of multi-tier application architecture
• Experience of web technologies and internet based applications
• Knowledge of any issue/problem tracking system such as BMC Remedy
• Basic knowledge and experience of diagnosing network related technical issues
• Experience of working with Production and Non-production environments
• Experience of working in an on-call 24x7 facility
• Experience of application recovery during out-of-hours priority incidents with limited support
• Experience of using Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as Dynatrace, Nagios, App Dynamics etc.
• Knowledge of load-balanced environments such as from BigIP F5, Cisco, Citrix etc. highly desireable
• Understanding of Unix/Linux and Wintel environments
• Basic understanding of Message Queuing (i.e. IBM WebSphere MQ or Microsoft MQ etc.)
• Fair understanding of SQL Server or any other RDBMS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Has the right attitude towards the role and is willing to support all products, day or night and react to live problems with the utmost priority
• Some experience of speaking to clients and working with them to help resolve technical and business queries
• Some experienced in stakeholder management especially client facing and business teams
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Engages internal and external technical and business team for problem resolution; work closely with 3rd party vendors for resolving 3rd party application or service issues. Participates in incident and problem management with a view to improving applications and services hosted within the organisation.
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
• Monitors production application for any degradation or non-availability
• Monitors changes to application and their operating environment. Analyses any complex technical issues
• Use tools provided to analyse and report proactively on application performance and client impact
• Recommends technical solutions on application problems based on previous experiences and tested methods
• Reviews and analyses product migrations through all systems environments
• Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Educated to degree level (2.2 or above) or ;
has significant experience (5 years +) in a dynamic cross-platform applications support role
• Any Technical Certification such as MCP, OCP, SJCP etc.
• 3-5 years experience in a dynamic cross-platform support role
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience of varied IT support systems is vital for this role
• Experience in banking or financial services industry specially with clearing and settlements is a definitive bonus
• Progression from an IT development background is desirable
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60110
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1902978