BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Applications Support Analyst
Overview of Pershing Technology:
Technology at Pershing, a BNY Mellon company, provides key technology solutions for our clients. We build, maintain and support the Nexus product, a full front to back set of in-house and vendor developed systems covering order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Applications Support Analyst position in Manchester centre to meet the demands of the growing technology production services responsibilities.
Overview of the Role:
As a member of the Pershing Technology Applications Support Group, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Technology department, various business units and with our client facing teams. You’ll be required to work in a dynamic Pershing developed and 3rd party acquired software applications and related services support team environment.
You will be responsible for providing a critical link between the various internal Pershing technical and non-technical teams, Client Support team, external third party application support groups and users of Pershing hosted applications with the ultimate aim of quickly and accurately resolving customer and application issues. These issues may not arise from the software, and could be business process related, usage related or related to changes from recent software releases. Hence you would need to be able to quickly investigate the possible source and route the details through the relevant teams if the problem cannot be resolved within the applications support group.
The core support times are from 8:00 – 18:00 on site with additional support provided by the team for high priority applications from 2:00 AM to 8:00 AM, Monday – Friday. On-call applications support is provided at all other times by the group. You would need to be flexible to accept these work times, as often as necessary and coordinate with other teams mentioned above for specific out-of-hours tasks requiring presence from Applications Support. You will be a key contact in the team.
Various other duties will include as part of the business as usual tasks including creating technical reports, documenting application procedures for new and existing systems, investigating quality of software and/or processes and participating in problem management relevant to applications etc.
- Experience of Application Performance Management (APM) with tools such as Dynatrace, Nagios, App Dymanics etc.
- Thorough experience of MS Windows OS (Desktop and Server editions)
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite and MS Visio toolset
- Basic knowledge of any programing language such as VB.net, C# or Java etc.
- Basic knowledge of any scripting language such as powershell, VB Script, Java Script or shell scripting
- Basic understanding of multi-tier application architecture
- Good experience of web technologies and internet based applications
- Knowledge of any issue/problem tracking system such as BMC Remedy
- Basic knowledge and experience of diagnosing network related technical issues
- Experience of working with Production and Non-production environments
- Experience of working in an on-call 24x7 facility
- Experience of application recovery during out-of-hours priority incidents with limited support
- Highly Desirable: Knowledge of load-balanced environments such as from BigIP F5, Cisco, Citrix etc.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux and Wintel environments
- Basic understanding of Message Queuing (i.e. IBM WebSphere MQ or Microsoft MQ etc.)
- Fair understanding of SQL Server or any other RDBMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has the right attitude towards the role and is willing to support all products, day or night and react to live problems with the utmost priority
- Some experience of speaking to clients and working with them to help resolve technical and business queries
- Some experienced in stakeholder management especially client facing and business teams
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60110
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1902978