BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Finance & Business Management
The Wealth Management
Finance & Business Management team is seeking a Vice President.
This position will be developing and presenting reports and presentations,
tracking operational initiatives, and working with partners of the organization
(Wealth Management, HR, Legal, Compliance, Project Management, etc.) to improve
and drive business decisions. Additionally, the role will be accountable for driving
cost saves and ensuring adequate controls and efficiencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop collaborative working relationships across Wealth Management, Finance, HR and other Shared Services teams while providing business value and transparency
- Provide resource management communications, planning/forecasting guidance and coordination for core business requirements
- Partner with other Finance & Business Management Leads to drive consistent business management practices, setting logical key performance measures and reporting driving towards continuous improvement in accuracy and control
- Facilitate Regional President-level, proactive monitoring of headcount, budget, financials to highlight variances and reforecast plans to stay on target
- Assist in Wealth Management resource planning, working with the business to establish best practices and support the strategic agenda for recruiting and workforce management
- Prepare presentations and Brief Senior Management in presentations
- Support business reviews and other committee processes to assess the status of the business
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred; experience in financial planning and analysis preferred
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Must be able to brief senior leaders clearly and concisely on financial performance
- 8+ years of experience with an emphasis on business / data analysis
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- High financial acumen with a sound understanding of the P&L
- Bachelors and/or Master Degree in Business Management / Finance / Economics / Analytics
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to derive, formulate, and develop new concepts, processes and value-added activities
- Process-oriented with strong organization, problem solving, time management, and analytical skill
- Must be able to design business reporting and analysis that is clear, concise, and actionable
- Ability to work effectively with other lines of business, finance teams, and technology partners
- Demonstrated history of independently and proactively driving initiatives forward
- Comfortable creating PowerPoint Presentations and working in Microsoft Excel
- MBA/CFA/CPA preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 85070
Requisition Number: 1902992