BNY Mellon Careers
Director, Digital Partnerships
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
What we are doing:
Chairman & CEO Charlie Scharf recently announced the launch of a newly formed global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digital transformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon’s core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and mining best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers. We are currently looking to fill positions at our global headquarters in Tribeca, New York.
The Digital Partnerships group establishes partnerships and investments to drive revenue growth, operating efficiencies and develop new businesses.
The group also is a critical link to the outside fintech ecosystem that includes venture capital, startups, mature technology companies, peers and our clients seeking to engage with BNYM. Our team looks at the external marketplace and our internal solutions to connect BNYM with the right ideas, partnership and investment opportunities to achieve our digital objectives.
The Director role is a senior position in the group and will lead specific cross-business line digital initiatives, negotiate transactions and provide thought leadership, both inside BNY Mellon and externally. A strong work ethic and willingness to engage in all levels of activities is critical.
Tangible activities include:
- Perform as an effective and trusted primary contact with senior management to develop and drive cross-business line digital initiatives and investment.
- Identify and vet key third-party partnership opportunities using a disciplined analytical assessment framework
- Lead the execution of complex multi-party partnership engagements including business case development, financial modelling, project and returns analytics, pricing models and market sizing, term sheet and agreement negotiations
- Lead direct investments in companies and multi-party initiatives, including business case development, financial modelling and analysis, term sheet and agreement negotiations, post-investment oversight
- Manage large, diverse business groups across the organization and drive alignment in thinking and approach
- Present opportunities, analysis, finding and recommendations to senior management and functional areas. Ensure clear communications between all stakeholders
- Strong presentation and communications skills and skills required to engage external clients/customers on problem statements and potential solution sets
- Engage external partners, including venture capital firms, innovation groups and start-ups
Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline required, MBA or equivalent strongly preferred. 10-12 years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
Relevant work experience includes mergers & acquisitions, corporate development, principal investing and/or strategic consulting preferred. Strong work ethic, demonstrated problem solving abilities, structured analytical skills and thinking, strong communication and inter-personal skills, strong PowerPoint and Excel capabilities preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70194
Organization: Digital Global-HR17565
Requisition Number: 1903155