BNY Mellon Careers
The ACH (Automated Clearing House) application is a legacy batch / online processing and delivery system that provides for the distribution and settlement of electronic debits and credits. It is an inexpensive transfer of funds. The system objective is to process customized client payments that include settlement and selected reporting in a timely efficient manner while meeting the established NACHA windows.
ACH is seeking an experienced COBOL, CICS, DB2, MQ developer. The candidate should expect the opportunity to be a significant contributor to a globally diverse technology team and will be challenged to identify and execute on solutions for our internal business groups. The ideal candidate has worked in the financial services industry and possesses in-depth knowledge of payment services, experience delivering on concurrent, complex application development projects and an understanding of mainframe technology platforms. The primary responsibilities include;
- Managing application software development services for medium to large sized projects.
- Responsibility for all facets of the BNYM development life cycle from Planning through Implementation.
- Coordinating team members to perform all expected change management practices and policies related to coding, testing and implementation activities.
- Facilitating the awareness and compliance of all risk and compliance controls.
- Ensuring application performance standards are appropriately defined and achieved.
- Collaborating with ACH business partners to identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies.
- Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development required.
- Hands-on experience in COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, MQ Mainframe development. NAS knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in the Payments services industry is preferred.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Prior knowledge of ACH processing, especially NACHA, and/or The Clearing House is a plus.
- Experience in modernizing legacy mainframe applications is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1903255