BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist in Project Risk Assurance, Technology Risk Management
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The BNY Mellon Wrocław Global Delivery Center is based in modern offices in the city center. We employ around 1,600 highly skilled professionals. Over the next few years we will continue growing the site, as new roles are transferred to Wroclaw.
Technology Risk Management
Technology Risk Management is a part of the Chief Risk Office, which is the Bank’s second line of defense. TRM partners with business lines to enable technology solutions whilst helping BNY Mellon to effectively manage cyber and information technology risks.
We made risk management agile. We believe that unrestricted collaboration and continuous conscious reprioritization are key to effective execution, so we took an innovative approach to risk management and applied agile practices to manage our daily work.
Here your work makes impact every day. Non-hierarchical organization supports free-flowing communication and empowers employees to take initiative. Your voice is heard and your actions seen.
Continuous development is important to us. We support our employee careers through professional development trainings, stretch goals and feedback culture.
Senior Technology Risk Management Specialist
We’re looking for a Senior Specialist in Technology Risk Management, to join the Project Risk Assurance Team. The Project Risk Assurance team although managed out of London, provides this service globally across all regions where BNYM operates.
The TRM Project Risk Assurance team provides:
• An evaluation and risk management methodology and framework, for BNYM top transformational investment global technology projects and other high risk initiatives
• Technology Project Risk Assurance through the program and project lifecycle ensuring that technology risk reduction is delivered
• Project Profiling - Prioritising all projects within PPM and all risk reduction projects to determine top TRM engagement projects
• Project Governance Assurance - Provides opinion on project health by undertaking controls testing across project budget, scope and resources in parallel to quality and risk reduction.
• Allowing decision makers and project teams working with essential insight and guidance into information risk, enabling more fully informed decisions to be made
• Providing senior stakeholder with a broad perspective into the health and management of these key projects and the technology both being used and proposed
You will have the opportunity to experience the following:
• Driving and supporting the development of strategic program elements and provide input to risk prioritization, including the development and implementation of key metrics (KRIs, KPIs), and support the development of information risk strategic program elements creating business value and helping to streamline technology development.
• Reviewing internal and external IT projects and applications for risk issues and ensure adherence to security policies and industry best practices and security controls
• Evaluating design and operational effectiveness of global technology controls
• Supporting development of end-to-end technology risk picture of BNY Mellon Services
• Supporting and overseeing major technology risk initiatives pertaining to controls, control frameworks and governance.
• Working directly with the business on establishing control prioritization roadmap
• Collaborating with other SMEs to determine control effectiveness approach – testing, validation and defining future control state
• Contributing to the development of the organizational technology control and risk management framework and strategy
• Full time contract of employment
• Competitive salary
• Pension scheme
• Health & Life Insurance
• Private Medical Care
• Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidy (optional)
• Casual dress code
• Employee discounts
• Supporting career growth through internal mobility
• Professional training and development plans (incl. language courses and mentoring)
• Opportunities to engage in Employee Resource Groups (Women in IT, Sustainability, Charity, Sports Committee and others)
- 5+ years of total experience in IT Risk and/or InfoSec
- Significant experience in one or more financial industry risk, compliance, control and governance disciplines
- In-depth understanding of information security principles and best practices across the industry as well as project management principles
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Proven experience of project management on the basis of an industry standard methodology - a Project Management qualification an advantage (PMI or Prince)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Drive to execute
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication (verbal and written) skills – demonstrated ability to influence a global organization at a senior management level
- Confidence to respectfully challenge stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adopt to quick changes
- Ability to summarize complex technology issues
- IT Audit experience
- Knowledge of industry frameworks and best practices (NIST, ISO 27000, OWASP etc.)
- Information risk and/or security qualification (CRISC, CISM or equivalent)
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85301
Organization: Technology Risk Mgmt-HR06032
Requisition Number: 1903296