BNY Mellon Careers
Project Manager (Finance)
Based in Manchester, the Project Manager will join the EMEA Regulatory Change team to manage a range of projects stemming from financial and regulatory reporting business requirements for BNY Mellon‘s financial operations in EMEA.
The position will report into the EMEA Head of Regulatory Change (based in Manchester, UK) and will be part of a wider team including other Project Managers, Business and Systems analysts. The Project Manager will work with the EMEA Head of Regulatory Change to develop detailed project plans and help develop a strategy to execute. He/She will have a number of different assignments at any one time and also be required to work alongside and manage external vendors/temporary resourcing if and when employed to meet project requirements.
• Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
• Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high complexity.
• Develops detailed project plans and schedules projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations acting as day to day project lead for the purpose of planning work and identifying critical tasks
• Elicit business requirements from business users and subject matter experts
• Define and document requirements, write functional specifications, and perform business process design in conjunction with Regulatory Reporting Change Team, Finance Systems, Finance IT, and Risk.
• Analyse and interpret data sources for identified reports in order detailed business and process requirements
• Identify data and business process “shortfalls” for the purpose of identifying gaps in current and/or proposed workflows.
• Determine current reporting recipients, benefits, and criticality as part of opportunity assessments.
• Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
• Serves as a liaison between clients and internal groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery
• May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
• May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
• Change Leadership - Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities.
• Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
• Experienced Project Manager with previous exposure to financial services projects
• Min 5 years of relevant work and project management experience required (project management professional qualification preferable)
• Knowledge of Risk reporting practices and/or Financial Services Regulatory Reporting practices preferred
• Accountancy qualification preferred but not essential
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with particular emphasis on the production of clear and detailed written Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
• Ability to work independently (self-motivated) and with a distributed team (i.e., physically located in other regions).
• Understand and analyse business processes & workflows.
• Determine current reporting recipients, benefits, and criticality as part of opportunity assessments
• Effective in managing diverse teams and stakeholders
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70184
Requisition Number: 1903298