BNY Mellon Careers
Citrix Specialist / Infrastructure Specialist
"Infrastructure Support, Citrix Support" team provide support for the Citrix infrastructure used to provide the virtual and brokered desktops and published applications to the Client's business. Experience managing a current version of Citrix platform software is essential to this role.
The successful applicant will be working with a highly productive team who support, maintain and deliver to these environments. Applicants will need to demonstrate that they are a good self-starter, with a persistence to identify root cause; who can work with third parties to plan and implement changes; work with Release management and the Application support teams to deliver new software to the estate using the common Release processes and automated build processes.
Applicants will be required to document the technical changes they are leading for sharing with peers and upper management – it is therefore imperative that all applicants can demonstrate confidence in writing and conveying technical plans. The ideal applicant will be confident in coaching and mentoring others to aid development and improve internal processes to eliminate manual processes and improve delivery.
Applicants should maintain a professional manner at all times and be able to work individually or as part of a team to support the client's customer focussed approach to service delivery in London and the EMEA region.
- Provide specialist guidance and some supervision to less experienced colleagues. Analyses work in progress, takes action to ensure targets are met within safety and quality procedures, including hand-over to client where appropriate.
- Initiates action to maintain or improve installation procedures and standards within area of authority, recognising issues that need to be escalated.
- Ensures that appropriate performance analysis equipment and diagnostic tools are used to test the hardware and/or software affected, and quantify and qualify changes made.
- Plays a leading role in scheduling installation work, liaising with all concerned to ensure that installation priorities are met and disruption to the organisation is minimised.
- Investigates potential and actual service problems and recommends solutions. Follows formal procedures to plan and test proposed solutions.
- Prepares and maintains operational documentation for relevant system software products. Advises systems development and service delivery staff on the correct and effective use of system software
- Gathers performance statistics from the IT platforms to enable recommendations for the tuning of system software. Applies system software parameters to maximise throughput and efficiency.
- An ITIL qualification preferably Foundation at version 3 or above.
Work Experience Essential:
- Experienced supporting application and infrastructure servers in a large scale corporate environment.
- Planning own work and the work of others (including third parties) to ensure delivery to time and cost.
- Experienced in working in a high pressure environment to deliver a first class Service.
Work Experience Preferred:
- 5+ years’ experience of supporting Citrix or server infrastructure in a large scale enterprise.
Functional/Technical Competencies Essential:
Experience managing a current version of Citrix platform software is essential to this role. The ideal candidate will be qualified in a Citrix technology ((CCP-AD or equivalent) or will have experience in managing: Citrix XenDesktop (version 4.5 and 5.6 FP1+), XenApp, PVS, AppSense, Web Interfaces or Storfront and Netscaler. In addition, applicants should have:
- Demonstration of previous implementation and upgrade projects would be advantageous, in versions 7.6 and 7.15
- Ability to coach and mentor others to address day to day faults ranging from user maintenance and desktop performance to high visibility faults impacting many users;
- Can create instructions or follow agreed plans to deliver hardware and/or software change; 4. Documents actions required for simple and complex problems;
- confirms correct functionality of hardware and software installations;
- Coaching others where required and advises supervisor where appropriate.
- Experience working with or supporting one or more of the following technologies would be an advantage:
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems including 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Experience architecting and designing Citrix platforms included but not exclusive to XenApp or XenDesktop installations in an enterprise style business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60561
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1903315