BNY Mellon Careers
This role will contribute substantially across the CMA application suite by providing design, code, test, and documentation, and knowledge transfer services, in collaboration with EFM partner groups, and partner business organizations to effectively meet application requirements of approved client change requests.
Designation of candidate: Lead Developer (Grade I, code 45115)
Reporting Manager designation: Group Manager, Application Development
Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic application system designs and specifications, utilizing BNY Mellon's standard development methodology, procedures and techniques.
- Designs and codes programs, and creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs. Prepares the final and detailed versions of system modification requirements; ensures turnovers are done on time and correctly.
- Interfaces with architects to design, code, test and implement application programs.
- Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Level 3 Production Support as needed.
QualificationsPreferred Key Skills
- Unix Scripting (bash/Perl)
- Oracle SQL
- Unix/Linux system administration
- IBM WebSphere MQ
- Familiarity with SWIFT messages types and processing
- ACI Worldwide Money Transfer System experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 4-6 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus, should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45115
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1903426