BNY Mellon Careers
Senior QA Automation Engineer
The primary responsibilities include understanding the requirements, test planning, Identify best tool for automation, design framework, automation setup, automation scripting and test execution, liaise with the business, development/support teams, documentation, producing test metrics and reports. The position offers candidates with a genuine interest in technology, finance, and software testing, an opportunity to work on projects that deliver the cutting-edge technology developed by BNY Mellon Technology group.
- Participates in selection of testing tools and approaches.
- Help enhance existing automation frameworks by adding new functions
- Identify re-usable component and define automation approach and drive to completion
- Proactively identify roadblock and create mitigation plans and work with various teams
- Identify test data, test environment setup and test environment configurations needed to prepare for testing.
- Analyzes detailed systems requirements, in order to verify that programs function according to actual requirements and established guidelines
- Create automated test cases using existing framework leveraging tools such as Selenium and Microfocus UFT, Ranorex
- Operate as a member of a scrum, conducting manual and automated testing using Agile, CI/CD development and testing process
- Helps resolve complex problems detected in testing. Recommends new products and provide guidance and expertise in their development. Identifies and documents software and systems defects. Assists in providing solutions to resolve defects. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Specialist Quality Assurance/Testing Analyst*
Develops testing plan scenarios for complex unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing. Responsible for definition, planning and execution of testing efforts. Provides technical guidance to assigned project teams. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Develops test cases, scenarios and scripts to ensure applications quality. Designs and develops usability testing scenarios, and administers more complex portions of the testing process. Defines criteria for testing, analyzes results of testing sessions and presents results to Quality Assurance leadership. Analyzes complex systems requirements. Helps resolve complex problems detected in testing. Recommends new products and provide guidance and expertise in their development. Identifies and documents software and systems defects. Assists in providing solutions to resolve defects. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Candidates should have:
- Strong educational background, preferably with a degree in Computer Science
- Strong understanding of software testing concepts, the software test lifecycle, Agile practices, and software test automation
- Very good understanding of a broad range of technologies, including operating systems and databases; expertise in at least one object-oriented programming language such as C++, Java, or C#
- Expertise in Selenium, Katalon Studio, Cucumber, RestAssured (or like), UFT, Ranorex, JMeter, experience in Jenkins integration and GIT is an added advantage
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of experience in a systems quality environment required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45127
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1903443