BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Business Process ReEngineering-Project Manager
The PM is responsible for the oversight of the on-boarding of the operations of the PGIM Plan Accounting unit. The Program Manager is a seasoned project professional who will run this large program, including program governance, program reporting both internally and with the client, the formal build-out of what is now a high-level project plan and then the shepherding of the operations from PGIM to BNYM over the next 17 months, relying on agreed success criteria to benchmark along the way. The individual ideally has experience on either an operational conversion or client conversion and understands the issues around the prep and testing around conversions. There is significant client contact and communications in-person, conference call and by email. The candidate would be expected to be in the Woodland Park, NJ office at least three days a week and bi-weekly travel to Newark and Madison, NJ for meetings with the client.
Conducts complex analyses and reporting in support of general business operations, special projects/initiatives and/or strategic/operational planning activities.
- Often assigned as a project lead on business unit initiatives and will enlist support from more junior staff or peers.
- Defines and develops new approaches to required analytics.
- Determines where measurement gaps exist and devises new metrics or reports to fill those gaps.
- Reviews operational data/metrics, analyzes and synthesizes the data, then compiles into reports or presentations.
- Navigates across the business to effectively complete tasks.
- Develops consultative partnerships with internal teams and leaders to understand their strategic objectives, key performance indicators and reporting requirements.
- Communicates with internal teams and leaders to stay abreast of organization and function operations and is familiar with company practices relevant to metrics, performance indicators, reporting protocols, etc.
- Leads special projects/initiatives for the function or business unit.
- Serves as a resource to more junior staff on complex or unprecedented issues.
- Collaborates with and supports leaders and their teams to ensure analytical and reporting needs are aligned, and supports business and operating results.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Ability to drive program, interact and effectively communicate with varying levels of our organization and the client
Leads projects including assigning work and monitoring quality and completion.
- Contributes to the achievement of function or business unit objectives.
- Work product supports data-driven decision-making by team, functional or business unit leaders.
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in securities, financial products and/or the finance industry preferred. Six Sigma Black Belt and PMP certification preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 70260
Requisition Number: 1903469