BNY Mellon Careers
Head of EMEA Custody & Payments Technology
As the owner of BNY Mellon’s global custody data warehouse, development and execution of a strategy to enhance and maximise the benefit of this corporate resources is a key deliverable of this role.
The EMEA Head of Custody & Payments Technology reports to the Operations & Shared Technology CIO; the Clearing, Markets, & Client Management CIO; the EMEA Chief Information Officer; and the Head of Custody Technology. As a member of the EMEA Technology Leadership Team and EMEA Operating Council, the job holder collaborates with the senior technology, business and executive leaders to ensure that the interests and priorities of the EMEA region are incorporated into global strategies and execution plans.
The role of EMEA Head of Custody & Payments Technology is certified under the UK Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) for the governance and oversight of technology services supporting the Payments, Clearing and Settlement (PCS) and Core Custody Critical Functions
Qualifications1. Global Acumen - Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization’s global strategy
2. Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-range course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after analyzing factual information and assumptions taking into consideration resources, constraints and organizational values
3. Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
4. Building Organisational Talent - Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others maximize their potential and meet key accountabilities. Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
5. Change Leadership - Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities
6. Client Orientation - Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities
7. Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results.
Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 15 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, at least 6-8 years of experience managing development project teams, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60357
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1903571