BNY Mellon Careers
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
Internal Audit's mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
The BNY Mellon Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Ireland, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland and Belgium.
• Ability to lead or perform audit related activities and work as a team member on audit assignments across a broad range of EMEA business lines, mostly (but not exclusively) in the Asset Servicing and Shared Services business lines. Belgian Client Asset rules will be the main area of focus and the candidate will be acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and assist the business auditors to identify Client Asset risks and controls and determine the level of testing to undertake in this area.
• When performing a project leader role on an assignment, the individual may manage others, but will normally be personally involved in aspects of the day-to-day work and detailed data delivery as well.
• When performing a project leader role, the individual will be responsible for ensuring testing is adequately thorough and accurate to allow an evaluation of the adherence to company policies and procedures, audit methodologies and all applicable regulations, including mostly the Client Asset Protection aspects.
• Leads or performs high quality, risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit methodologies and professional standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited.
• Support the delivery of the internal audit Client Asset Protection tasks linked to The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV (Belgian-incorporated legal entity): audit coverage, issue escalation, participation to relevant Business Monitoring activities, support in the preparation of legal entity information and responses to legal entity queries linked to your area of remit.
• Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management.
Job Specific Competencies
• Strong analytical skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
• Be proactive and work with a sense of urgency.
• Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing with various levels of management.
• 4-6 years relevant experience in internal audit.
• The position requires extensive experience in planning and delivering audits and/or specialist skills (e.g. key EU regulations, advanced operational knowledge or experience, etc.).
• This individual has a unique and advanced skill set that warrants additional tactical and/or team leader responsibilities.
• Auditors at this level will be expected to exercise good judgment and work, at times, independently.
• Experience in operational areas in the banking sector as an internal auditor will be seen as a competitive advantage.
• University degree or equivalent, degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• Fluent in English.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement: Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883). I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details: BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office- Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85002
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 1903651