BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Investment Strategist
BNY Mellon Investment Management is seeking a Senior Investment Strategist to support the North American Distribution organization in delivering technical sales support and execution on its commercial strategy. This role will be a key member of Investment Strategy team within North American Distribution, and will work across the Distribution platform at BNY Mellon Investment Management to deliver the breadth and depth of our platform, the largest multi-boutique investment platform in the world, delivering thematic investment insights and programs across all asset classes to help our intermediary clients achieve better outcomes for the clients they serve. The Investment Strategy Team is responsible for sourcing and delivering investment product solutions and services to support the high impact growth of the North American Distribution business. The team works extensively with managed and advisory solutions teams, asset class leaders, product group, sales management, and marketing to define, develop, and facilitate specific strategic and tactical product initiatives addressing the evolving investment needs of our intermediary partners advisors and clients.
- This position will take a lead role in helping articulate and develop portfolio construction solutions to help our key partners and intermediaries deliver solutions for their end clients. Leading assessments/delivery of new investment solution and support opportunities, soliciting contributions from investments, sales, and product leadership teams.
- Leveraging thought leadership and investment strategy from our leading multi-boutique platform, the role will help articulate and deliver relevant investment ideas and views alongside our product marketing team covering the full range of our investments platform.
- It is critical that the candidate has the ability to effectively articulate a multi-asset investment approach to a wide range of intermediaries and clients, as well as internal audiences.
- The candidate is also expected to contribute to the product marketing and positioning process, with new ideas and research that will enhance positioning of our overall platform in the market. The candidate should be able to engage with sales, marketing, product management and investment teams to develop those ideas and efficiently deliver them in actionable ways to the market.
- The successful candidate will leverage his/her deep knowledge of portfolio construction and understanding of critical client needs, and informed perspective of the competitive landscape to help facilitate research innovation, enhance investment debates and develop innovative and commercial sales campaigns.
- Significant travel (exceeding 50%) is expected to help our sales organization articulate and deliver upon the strategic initiatives developed by the Investment Strategy team.
- Extensive investment and capital markets knowledge; 10+ years demonstrated investment experience either in portfolio management, an investment product management role or in a client coverage responsibility.
- MBA/CFA preferred.
- Credible expertise in portfolio construction, manager research, intermediary solutions development across a wide range of asset classes.
- Proven experience in advising on strategic asset allocation.
- Ability to work effectively as a team across sales, marketing, product and investments teams and research analysts in a dynamic and global organization of scale.
- Ability to collaborate with Marketing and Sales partners experience working and collaborating with diverse sales organizations.
- Ability to prioritize, multi task, and organize work to meet deadlines, across multiple projects and managers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong research and analysis skills, with ability to synthesize and interpret data.
- Ability to present recommendations to senior management with conviction.
- High level of self-motivation, with strong integrity & ethics.
- Resourceful, proactive and able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- FINRA series 7 and 63 securities licenses a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 33168
Job: Asset Management
Organization: Product Strategy & Perf-HR14831
Requisition Number: 1904065