BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Developer-Full Stack*
We are looking for a Full Stack developer to play a key role in our team. Our Full Stack developer must have knowledge in all stage of software development. The developer will consult with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services and technical support. Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Work with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contribute to defining time tables and project plans. Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Take lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Design overall architecture of microservice based web application.
- Maintain quality using automated test cases and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Highly experienced with Java and Java Spring
- Experience using document based databases such as Mongodb and streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Well versed with Agile development methodologies including using tools such as JIRA.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1904131