BNY Mellon Careers
The Principal Developer will partner with other members of the development team to design, build, test, integrate & deliver enterprise software solutions and provide technical support to meet business function needs. The Principal Developer will work collaboratively with the business product managers, project managers, architects and other stakeholders to understand business requirements, and design, develop, test & integrate software solutions using innovative methods and latest technology. Principal Developer will also actively liaise with multiple stakeholders and users to define the direction of the platforms.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Strong CS fundamentals, core Java, multithreading and problem solving skills
- Experience designing & building complex, distributed, high-performance, high-availability systems
- Hands on experience in Java 8+/JEE, Spring, RESTful web-services, Tomcat, Apache
- Fundamental understanding of RDBMS and database design applications
- Coordinating team members to perform all expected design, coding, testing and implementation activities.
- Ensuring application performance standards are appropriately defined and achieved.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment
Experience in working with business analysts, project managers, technical architects and software developers in multiple geographical areas
- Experience with and strong understanding of capital markets is preferred
- Experience working in a strong, fast-paced, agile environment is preferred
- Experience in coaching/guiding development team regarding best practices and use of latest technologies and associated services is preferred
Core skills: Java 8, J2EE / Tomcat, Spring MVC, REST, JMS / MQ, Maven, Git, Dockers, Jenkins
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1904225