BNY Mellon Careers
Enterprise Incident Officer (VP, Incident and Crisis Management)
As a member of the Enterprise Resiliency Office (“ERO”) in Incident and Crisis Management (“ICM”), the Enterprise Incident Officer is responsible for executing the enterprise-level incident and crisis management plan to assure institutional resiliency across all business lines.
This includes, without limitation, the following accountabilities:
- Monitoring and reacting to alerts from subject matter experts and corporate support teams monitoring market, client, technology and cyber security events, news and media sources, as well as physical security, facilities, systems, and weather events
- Assessing and responding to alerted events and engaging the appropriate resources to assure accurate and complete business impact assessments from an enterprise perspective
- Monitoring progress of Business Continuity and other related functions response to recover normal operations in the case of an event or sequence of events disrupting functions or services
- Escalating, as appropriate, to internal advisory teams, business resiliency management teams, incident and business recovery coordinators, corporate support groups, the Crisis Management Coordinator, the Crisis Management Teams and the Crisis Management Board
- Serving as the primary ERO incident manager for all managed incidents in the EMEA region, including developing subject matter expertise and leading the management of incidents involving market and client-triggered incidents
- Supporting ICM as liaison to the ERO Tools and Regulatory teams
Significant involvement in planning and developing process flows and playbooks, as well as developing and implementing testing scenarios and desktop exercises. Works in a team around the world to ensure 24 x 7 coverage on all incidents. Includes engagement with senior business leaders and regulators. Requires ongoing, independent oversight of complex business continuity compliance activities and recovery management governance for an assigned function and in preparation for potential crises and technology and information losses, among other risks. Advises and assists with the assessment of and monitoring and reporting on key indicators of business continuity and recovery preparedness. Includes providing training and awareness on required deliverables, tracking and monitoring for completion, conducting quality assurance reviews and reporting back to management, as required.
10- 12 years of relevant experience with global financial institutions, or other business enterprises is preferred, particularly regarding Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and/or Incident/Crisis Management disciplines.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Internal Jobcode: 85181
Organization: Global Business Resiliency-HR17252
Requisition Number: 1904235