BNY Mellon Careers
Junior Relationship Manager
- Try-party collateral management which typically supports players in securities lending, repo market, secured loan, etc. those who need collateral management / transferring services.
- Security Finance whereby we offer agent securities lending services or providing proprietary lending to Japanese institutions and/or against Japanese collateral instruments.
- Segregation services to be a segregation agent required by regulation and/or to support collateral processing operation of clients who are in derivatives markets and exchange collateral with counterparties.
- Work with Relationship Managers to develop business and to manage relationships with all deal parties, and work as a team.
- Handle various duties on client accounts by following defined procedures. Support Relationship Managers by preparing client fundamental information, presentation materials, organize meetings and report preparation, assist, and attend in enhancing client base and revenue.
- Manages the pipeline database
- May allocate or coordinate work within team
- Enhance skills and gain knowledge in various business fields, such as interpersonal skills, financial products, the products we offer, in order to become an independent Sales and Relationship Manager.
- Develops approach to analyzing metrics, analysis methodology and proposal response
- Takes lead on the largest, most complex projects, analyses and proposals that are critical to the organization
- Coordinate with legal to review business contracts as needed. Contributes to final go/no-go deliberation. Coordinates with internal business units to research and gather information necessary to engage with sales targets appropriately and submit RFPs
- Anticipates and resolves any compliance, legal or regulatory review required for solicitation and response
- Acts as a resource for relationship managers to ensure information needed to complete a sale or to improve the sales process provided in a timely fashion
- Works directly with the client, business development or relationship management teams to clarify requirements for materials being developed
- Leverages technological expertise for product sales and demonstrations
- Leads Business Development support teams and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in financial industry or related field is required.
- Experience within a client facing role either from an operations or sales stand point is essential; relationship management or business development experience is preferred but not required
- An understanding of the Financial Services markets is needed
- Native Japanese and Strong English communication skills both written and verbally is imperative
- A strong team-player with interpersonal-skills to work with a global matrix environment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Japan-Tokyo-To-Tokyo
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70037
Organization: Global Collateral Management-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1904322