BNY Mellon Careers
Analyst, Middle Office
Overview of organization
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Title of the position
Sr Representative, Middle Office
Market Ops – Securities Finance
Reports to (to whom the person directly reports)
BNY Mellon Markets Securities Finance is comprised of two complementary product offerings – Agency and Principal Securities Finance. By leveraging our global perspective and innovative capabilities across these solutions, Securities Finance is able to help clients optimize portfolio return, source liquidity to manage funding needs and reduce operating costs. As a member of the Securities Finance team, you will be part of a global market leader, working with a world class group in multiple global locations and servicing some of the largest clients worldwide.
• Middle Office - IC1 is Responsible for processing, monitoring, researching and analyzing transactions and resolving non-complex inquiries.
• May coordinate with both internal stakeholders and external stakeholders and/or clients to gather, disseminate, and resolve basic information about transactions.
• With guidance, conducts research to gather information on non-complex transactions and data-related, straightforward inquiries.
• Responsible for reconciliations to third parties (cash, asset, trade matching, and market value) and analysis, break assignment and resolution of reconciliation breaks and failing trades.
• Responsible for or facilitating the maintenance of trade static data, trade enrichment, and trade exception handling and market claims.
• Responsible for daily portfolio valuation processes and engages in exception processing for breaks. May also participate in monthly accounting close processes, cash projection reports, cash management support, monthly end-client statement delivery, and ad hoc reporting. Focus is on gaining middle office experiences.
• Escalates complex transactions to senior team members.
• Collaborates with limited group of internal and external stakeholders to deliver recommendations to basic inquiries.
• Interacts with clients in answering basic questions and resolving straightforward inquiries. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Relevant work experience preferred.
Working conditions and other information (working hours, full time, permanent etc.)
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
Direct reports (if any)
• Annual Holiday – 25 Days, plus bank holidays and the ability to purchase a further 5 days
• Pension – 12% employer contribution
• Life Assurance, Income protection and Medical Insurance
• Education Assistance
• Childcare Vouchers
• Health screening
• Season ticket loans
• Recognition and service awards
• 2 volunteering days per annum
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70548
Organization: Securities Finance Total-HR10447
Requisition Number: 1904325