BNY Mellon Careers
Manager, Client Service
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Overview of Corporate Trust:
With global reach and a comprehensive suite of scalable administrative, operational and infrastructure capabilities, BNY Mellon Corporate Trust help clients to drive business growth and maximize efficiency through our core services of trustee, paying agency, custodian, collateral administrator and other fiduciary offerings. Backed by the power of BNY Mellon at every phase of the investment lifecycle, our global footprint and deep expertise deliver insight-driven solutions directly to clients.
Overview of Team:
We currently have over 100 people employed in Corporate Trust Global Client Services based in Wexford and Dublin. The team continues to grow as we take on new business. We work very closely with our colleagues in other locations like India, UK, Poland, the US and other locations to streamline and align processes. We work closely with the Corporate Trust Global Client Service team who have overall responsibility for the operational relationship with the client.
The Client Service Lead Manager reports to the Group Manager and manages the daily activities of assigned Client Service Representatives, ensuring that activities are conducted in accordance with the Firm and Corporate Trust policies and procedures and preferred practices. He/she constantly ensures that risks are being identified and actively managed. He/she will collaborate with Lead Managers in other locations to identify and resolve issues while serving as a high-level escalation point for complex situations and ensuring that they are brought to a successful resolution.
The Lead Manager will quickly address and resolve problems, possess strong decision-making and organizational skills, and will communicate effectively with Client Service Specialists, internal shared service partners and with internal and external clients. The Lead Manager will also actively assist the Group Manager with developing and driving new strategic plan initiatives.
Essential Functions – Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Hire, coach and provide professional guidance to team members, establish and evaluate performance/development goals/conduct PMP reviews and work to attract and retain talent within the group. Ensure that the team has the appropriate training to perform well and exceed in their role
- Transaction Management: Continuous dialogue and open communication with Client Service Managers and Group Manager on status of work being completed by team
- Employee Development: Oversight of training and development plans for all assigned employees
- Planning: Manage Staff Resourcing based on business requirements ensure adequate cover in place to meeting deliverables providing excellent client service delivery
- Identify and resolve issues while serving as a high-level escalation point for complex situations and ensure that they are brought to a successful resolution
- Partner with Global Group Managers to identify and streamline business operations. Support the efforts to enhance controls by standardizing relevant business processes and consistently managing/monitoring those activities to ensure quality and accuracy. Support key business programs, including business and process improvements which drive greater operational efficiencies and superior client service.
- Serve as an escalation point and communicate effectively with other internal shared services, external investment managers, brokers and clients. This role sets the directions and tones for the client service administration elements of our business and therefore drives overall client relationships and risk management.
- Business Liaison: Build and lead effective relationships with offshore operational support teams to help ensure client service excellence. Track and measure performance of key support teams through analysing and interpreting key MIS/KPI data. Partner with these groups to ensure continuous process improvements are being achieved.
- To proactively monitor and manage the activities performed within our business partners
- To hold regular meetings and escalate any concerns
- To monitor and control SLAs, quality indicators, and give regular feedback to Group Manager
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years Corporate Trust or related financial markets/securities industry experience.
- Experience in Loans (syndicated, bi-lateral, real estate) very desirable
- Solid understanding of the product(s) administered by the group and thorough understanding of risk management and control practices.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to lead dynamic team
- Ability to quickly address issues – strong decision making
- Strong Financial Services Technical Skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Corporate Trust provides the infrastructure, technology and processing services needed to navigate the debt capital markets. We partner with financial institutions, corporations, insurers, governments and not-for-profit organizations at all stages of the deal lifecycle - from issuance to maturity. With global reach and a comprehensive suite of scalable administrative, operational and infrastructure capabilities, we help clients drive business growth and maximize impact. We create customized solutions for our clients' debt-related needs, drawing on our range of core services, including trustee, paying agency, escrow and other fiduciary offerings
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Corporate Trust
Internal Jobcode: 70101
Organization: Corporate Trust-HR06320
Requisition Number: 1904469